My husband and I are planning a vacation for us, our kids, and our five grandchildren (12 of us in all) in June 2014. At that time, the grandkids will range in age from 2-16. We want someplace near or on the ocean. We've thought about the Caribbean or Mexico, or maybe a cruise in that area. If we stay on land, what family-friendly destinations/resorts offer things to do for the kids but will also satisfy active adults? Would you suggest all-inclusive (we don't drink)? If we go on a cruise, which cruise lines would you recommend? This is the first time we will travel together, so nothing too stress-inducing or complicated, please! Any ideas for a memorable and fun week together would be appreciated.
Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice