My husband and I are planning a vacation for us, our kids, and our five grandchildren (12 of us in all) in June 2014. At that time, the grandkids will range in age from 2-16. We want someplace near or on the ocean. We've thought about the Caribbean or Mexico, or maybe a cruise in that area. If we stay on land, what family-friendly destinations/resorts offer things to do for the kids but will also satisfy active adults? Would you suggest all-inclusive (we don't drink)? If we go on a cruise, which cruise lines would you recommend? This is the first time we will travel together, so nothing too stress-inducing or complicated, please! Any ideas for a memorable and fun week together would be appreciated.
Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 finding last minute packages
- 2 Trip to Paris
- 3 Where to travel?
- 4 Hostel suggestions
- 5 trip ideas in May...
- 6 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 7 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 8 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 11 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 12 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 13 Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 15 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 16 Moving from DC to Texas
- 17 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 18 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 19 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 20 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 21 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 22 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 23 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 24 Which luggage scales?
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)