We recently flew to Los Cabos from Chicago. I booked the flight though Orbitz. They set us up through US Airways, going from Chicago to Mexico City and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos, which was fine and what I agreed to. However, US Airways kept changing itineraries on me. By the time it was all said and done, I was suppposed to go from Chicago to Phoenix and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos! There was no mention of a flight from Phoenix to Mexico City! After much calling, we were stuck with an added leg (Chicago to Phoenix, Phoenix to Mexico City, and Mexico City to Los Cabos). In addition, we get to Phoenix and there was a US Airways flight from Phoenix to Los Cabos. I asked if we could get on that flight but the US Airways represntative told us since we had booked through Orbitz that was not possible. She said if I had booked with US Airways directly, I would have been able to take the direct flight to Los Cabos. Instead we had to fly to Mexico City first! From now on I will only book through an airline directly. The same goes for hotels, etc.
I will not use orbitz (or any other booking service) again
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 4 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 5 Base city in England
- 6 Useful travel apps
- 7 Suggestions please
- 8 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 11 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 12 vow renewal
- 13 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 14 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 15 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 16 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 17 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 18 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 19 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 20 Traveling tips during fall
- 21 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 22 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 23 How much cash do you carry before a trip?
- 24 Home Exchanges
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips