We recently flew to Los Cabos from Chicago. I booked the flight though Orbitz. They set us up through US Airways, going from Chicago to Mexico City and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos, which was fine and what I agreed to. However, US Airways kept changing itineraries on me. By the time it was all said and done, I was suppposed to go from Chicago to Phoenix and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos! There was no mention of a flight from Phoenix to Mexico City! After much calling, we were stuck with an added leg (Chicago to Phoenix, Phoenix to Mexico City, and Mexico City to Los Cabos). In addition, we get to Phoenix and there was a US Airways flight from Phoenix to Los Cabos. I asked if we could get on that flight but the US Airways represntative told us since we had booked through Orbitz that was not possible. She said if I had booked with US Airways directly, I would have been able to take the direct flight to Los Cabos. Instead we had to fly to Mexico City first! From now on I will only book through an airline directly. The same goes for hotels, etc.
I will not use orbitz (or any other booking service) again
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Places to travel in June or July
- 3 Packing Help - What to take
- 4 Jacket with pockets
- 5 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 8 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 9 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 10 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 11 Dual time zone watches
- 12 Rovia booking engine
- 13 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 14 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 15 Website for good hotel rates?
- 16 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 17 What color nail polish in France
- 18 Travel Clothing
- 19 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 22 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 23 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 24 Getting a Second Passport
- 25 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam