We recently flew to Los Cabos from Chicago. I booked the flight though Orbitz. They set us up through US Airways, going from Chicago to Mexico City and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos, which was fine and what I agreed to. However, US Airways kept changing itineraries on me. By the time it was all said and done, I was suppposed to go from Chicago to Phoenix and then from Mexico City to Los Cabos! There was no mention of a flight from Phoenix to Mexico City! After much calling, we were stuck with an added leg (Chicago to Phoenix, Phoenix to Mexico City, and Mexico City to Los Cabos). In addition, we get to Phoenix and there was a US Airways flight from Phoenix to Los Cabos. I asked if we could get on that flight but the US Airways represntative told us since we had booked through Orbitz that was not possible. She said if I had booked with US Airways directly, I would have been able to take the direct flight to Los Cabos. Instead we had to fly to Mexico City first! From now on I will only book through an airline directly. The same goes for hotels, etc.
I will not use orbitz (or any other booking service) again
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Flight Delays and cancellations.
- 2 Anniversary trip
- 3 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 4 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 5 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 6 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 7 Light weight Luggage
- 8 Carry-on Luggage
- 9 Traveling with a smartphone
- 10 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 11 Transferring on an international flight
- 12 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 13 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 16 Thanksgiving week trip
- 17 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 18 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 19 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 20 Thrifty OHare parking
- 21 Saving money travelling the world
- 22 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 23 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 24 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 25 Discounted luggage websites