I talked to a travel agent about booking a trip for seven members of my family to England and France--not a pre-done tour, but a custom job. He said his agency requires $100 for him to work on it because it would take many hours. I realize it will take a lot of time and $100 isn't a lot of money, but I always thought TA's got paid from commissions from airlines, etc. What's the story?
How much do you pay a travel agent?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 2 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 3 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 4 Torn between Trips
- 5 Carrying a smartphone
- 6 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 7 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 8 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 11 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 14 50th birthday in January destination
- 15 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 16 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 17 Discounted luggage websites
- 18 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 19 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 20 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 21 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 22 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 23 Groupon Getaways
- 24 Rain Boots
- 25 Travel Books for Kids?