I talked to a travel agent about booking a trip for seven members of my family to England and France--not a pre-done tour, but a custom job. He said his agency requires $100 for him to work on it because it would take many hours. I realize it will take a lot of time and $100 isn't a lot of money, but I always thought TA's got paid from commissions from airlines, etc. What's the story?
How much do you pay a travel agent?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 2 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 3 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 4 Your Best Travel Tips
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 Useful travel apps
- 7 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 8 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 9 Road Scholar
- 10 Base city in England
- 11 Suggestions please
- 12 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 13 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 14 vow renewal
- 15 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 16 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 17 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 20 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 21 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 22 Traveling tips during fall
- 23 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 24 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 25 How much cash do you carry before a trip?