In mid-January I booked a hotel in Sydney for 3 nights with Expedia for $519. Today O fund that the same reservation would cost me $442 on Hotels.com so I asked Expedia if they would match the rate. Apparently they only will match a rate for the first 24 hours, what nonsense. I could cancel the reservation but that costs $17! Their only customer response was a form letter about the 24 hour policy. They I checked and found that even Expedia now had the reservation for $442! Now I'm trying to see if Expedia will just rebook me at their own rate. I'll probably have to wind up cancelling, paying Expedia and then making the same reservation elsewhere at $80 less. Great customer service.
hotel rate changes-Expedia
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Technology tips, and travel
- 2 Your Best Travel Tips
- 3 Luggage Tags
- 4 Air pollution while in India
- 5 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 8 Where to go on Christmas?
- 9 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 10 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 11 Which Travel Bag
- 12 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 13 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 14 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 15 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 16 europe In January
- 17 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 18 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 20 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 21 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 22 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 23 Holiday Travel Plans
- 24 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 25 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points