In mid-January I booked a hotel in Sydney for 3 nights with Expedia for $519. Today O fund that the same reservation would cost me $442 on Hotels.com so I asked Expedia if they would match the rate. Apparently they only will match a rate for the first 24 hours, what nonsense. I could cancel the reservation but that costs $17! Their only customer response was a form letter about the 24 hour policy. They I checked and found that even Expedia now had the reservation for $442! Now I'm trying to see if Expedia will just rebook me at their own rate. I'll probably have to wind up cancelling, paying Expedia and then making the same reservation elsewhere at $80 less. Great customer service.
hotel rate changes-Expedia
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Holiday Wish List for Vacation Rental Owners
- 3 Moving from DC to Texas
- 4 Plan Vacation to Destin, Florida
- 5 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 6 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 7 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 8 Travel SIMs
- 9 An Introduction to new member
- 10 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 11 Travelling in June
- 12 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 13 Friends Seeking Advice
- 14 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 15 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 16 25th wedding anniv travel
- 17 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 18 Best places to start...
- 19 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 20 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 21 two months away and mold problems.
- 22 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 23 French gastronomy
- 24 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 25 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane