In mid-January I booked a hotel in Sydney for 3 nights with Expedia for $519. Today O fund that the same reservation would cost me $442 on Hotels.com so I asked Expedia if they would match the rate. Apparently they only will match a rate for the first 24 hours, what nonsense. I could cancel the reservation but that costs $17! Their only customer response was a form letter about the 24 hour policy. They I checked and found that even Expedia now had the reservation for $442! Now I'm trying to see if Expedia will just rebook me at their own rate. I'll probably have to wind up cancelling, paying Expedia and then making the same reservation elsewhere at $80 less. Great customer service.
hotel rate changes-Expedia
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 2 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 3 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 4 two months away and mold problems.
- 5 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 6 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 7 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 8 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 9 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 10 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 11 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 12 Phone service
- 13 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 14 10 Days of travel help!
- 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 16 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 17 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 18 French gastronomy
- 19 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 20 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 21 Best places to start...
- 22 25th wedding anniv travel
- 23 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 24 Friends Seeking Advice
- 25 December travel - where to go?