In mid-January I booked a hotel in Sydney for 3 nights with Expedia for $519. Today O fund that the same reservation would cost me $442 on Hotels.com so I asked Expedia if they would match the rate. Apparently they only will match a rate for the first 24 hours, what nonsense. I could cancel the reservation but that costs $17! Their only customer response was a form letter about the 24 hour policy. They I checked and found that even Expedia now had the reservation for $442! Now I'm trying to see if Expedia will just rebook me at their own rate. I'll probably have to wind up cancelling, paying Expedia and then making the same reservation elsewhere at $80 less. Great customer service.
hotel rate changes-Expedia
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?