In mid-January I booked a hotel in Sydney for 3 nights with Expedia for $519. Today O fund that the same reservation would cost me $442 on Hotels.com so I asked Expedia if they would match the rate. Apparently they only will match a rate for the first 24 hours, what nonsense. I could cancel the reservation but that costs $17! Their only customer response was a form letter about the 24 hour policy. They I checked and found that even Expedia now had the reservation for $442! Now I'm trying to see if Expedia will just rebook me at their own rate. I'll probably have to wind up cancelling, paying Expedia and then making the same reservation elsewhere at $80 less. Great customer service.
hotel rate changes-Expedia
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 2 Packing Help - What to take
- 3 Visa expiration and re entry
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 Jacket with pockets
- 6 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 7 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 8 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 9 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 10 Dual time zone watches
- 11 Rovia booking engine
- 12 Places to travel in June or July
- 13 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 14 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 15 Website for good hotel rates?
- 16 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 17 What color nail polish in France
- 18 Travel Clothing
- 19 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 22 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 23 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 24 Getting a Second Passport
- 25 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam