Having a hard time deciding between Brazil/Amazon rainforest and some countries in Asia for a honeymoon. We would like to see nature, including monkeys, parrots, elephants (ideally), strange insects, etc. Also want beautiful beaches for a few days, where you can snorkel off the beach and calm water. My fiance is more interested in city and interesting culture, delicious food, etc. so that would be a requirement as well. I don't want to see animals in zoos- only their natural habitat please! We'd love to stay in interesting hotels such as ones where you can sleep outdoors or over water, in a tree house, etc. We have 14-16 days, will be traveling in the last week of October and first week of November. We have about $9,000 USD to spend but that would have to include airfare from NYC, food, spending money etc.
Honeymoon: Asia or Amazon?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 5 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 8 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 9 50th birthday in January destination
- 10 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 11 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 12 Discounted luggage websites
- 13 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 14 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 15 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 16 Carrying a smartphone
- 17 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 18 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 19 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 20 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 21 Groupon Getaways
- 22 Rain Boots
- 23 Travel Books for Kids?
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Ideas for 40th Birthday