We are a young couple and we would be very interested in an exchange to NYC between May and August 2010 (June preferred), for 10 to 14 days. We live near Paris (20 minutes into Paris), that's why we have no problem with not being in Manhattan proper.
If you're interested, can you please describe your appartment and its situation ? Do you have any photos ? What is the nearest subway station ?
I am 23 and I am a project manager in an event planning agency.
My boyfriend Greg is 25 and is an IT manager.
Our hobbies are : cooking, having dinner in restaurants, shopping, visiting new cities, museums, cinema, theater, …
We do not have any exchange experience but we are really looking forward to enjoying this kind of vacation. We will be very respectful for your place.
We have one cat named Popi but we will put it in our friends’ care (unless you love animals !).
We don’t smoke.
Our apartment :
Pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/kimgreg.exchange/
Our place is a one bedroom appartment (1 bedroom + 1living room with an open plan kitchen + 1 bathroom + 1 balcony).
The apartment is 45 square meters (484.2 square feet) and the balcony is 9 square meters (96.84 square feet).
- The balcony = very quiet, you can eat outside when it’s sunny, and we have a barbecue set. Access from the entrance and from the bedroom.
- The bedroom = a queen size bed, several storage units, and a desk with a computer (with Wi-Fi), steam iron
- The bathroom = toiletts, bathtub, washbowl, bathroom cabinet
- The living room = TV with a big flat-faced screen, cable TV (and DVDs, Blu-Rays), hi-fi (and CDs), PS3 video game (and games), table, coffee table, 5 chairs, 2 poufs, 1 sofa, 1 book case (with cooking books, and books in french/english/german), 1 open plan kitchen with a big bar (micro wave, fridge, oven, dishwasher, 2 ceramic hobs, sink, toaster, coffee maker)
The building is a 2-storey one. We live on the second floor. Our neighbours are all between 20 and 35, and really nice, quiet and helpul.
The neighbourhood :
We live in the downtown area of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, a city with a very good reputation, only a few sub stations from Paris. There are lots of families and young people living there. We love our city because it’s lively and safe.
Our building is situated right in central Saint-Germain-en-Laye (in the main street), situated (on foot) :
- Just at the bottom of the building : boutiques, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, cinema, and bus stop
- Around the building (2 minutes from home) : market on Sundays, theater, museums, tourist office
- 5 minutes to the Saint-Germain-en-Laye castle
- 5 minutes to the subway station (RER A train, main Paris subway line – Train every 10 minutes – Saint-Germain-en-Laye station – 20 minutes to Champs-Elysées / 25 minutes to Galeries Lafayette / 30 minutes to Châtelet), you always get a seat. Therefore, the access to Paris centre is very convenient (I go to Paris everyday for work).
- 10 minutes to the Saint-Germain-en-Laye forest
Let me know if you are interested in our apartment and if our dates would fit. If you have any questions, I will answer as quickly as possible !
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Wheeled duffle options
- 2 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 3 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 4 Newbie Using Whats App
- 5 TripIt App?
- 6 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 7 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 8 Money transfer
- 9 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 10 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 11 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 12 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 13 Passport signature
- 14 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 15 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 16 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 17 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 18 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 19 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 20 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 21 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 22 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed
- 23 Smallest Backpack you've used
- 24 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 25 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring