My husband & I are planning to hike Mount Fuji in 2010 (July or August, as we hear that's the best time to climb it). Does anyone have suggestions on lodging on the way up and how far in advance you need to make reservations? Any suggestions on which location to start from? We are both fairly active people, (he'll be 50 at the time and I'll be 46) but I wouldn't say we're both in 'top" shape. Also, my family has a history of altitude sickness, so I'm a little nervous about that.. We were thinking of spending one night going up and coming back down in one day. Any suggestions about planning this hike would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hiking Mount Fuji in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Holiday Wish List for Vacation Rental Owners
- 2 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 3 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 4 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 5 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 6 Travel SIMs
- 7 An Introduction to new member
- 8 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 9 Travelling in June
- 10 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 11 Friends Seeking Advice
- 12 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 13 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 14 25th wedding anniv travel
- 15 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 16 Best places to start...
- 17 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 18 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 19 two months away and mold problems.
- 20 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 21 French gastronomy
- 22 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 23 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 24 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 25 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!