My husband & I are planning to hike Mount Fuji in 2010 (July or August, as we hear that's the best time to climb it). Does anyone have suggestions on lodging on the way up and how far in advance you need to make reservations? Any suggestions on which location to start from? We are both fairly active people, (he'll be 50 at the time and I'll be 46) but I wouldn't say we're both in 'top" shape. Also, my family has a history of altitude sickness, so I'm a little nervous about that.. We were thinking of spending one night going up and coming back down in one day. Any suggestions about planning this hike would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hiking Mount Fuji in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Happiness project from 99 different country in 99 language
- 4 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 5 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 6 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 7 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 8 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 9 About EHIC card?
- 10 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 11 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 12 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 13 quiet getaways for older women
- 14 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 15 Torn between Trips
- 16 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 17 Groupon Getaways
- 18 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 19 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 20 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 21 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 22 Carrying a smartphone
- 23 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 24 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 25 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!