My husband & I are planning to hike Mount Fuji in 2010 (July or August, as we hear that's the best time to climb it). Does anyone have suggestions on lodging on the way up and how far in advance you need to make reservations? Any suggestions on which location to start from? We are both fairly active people, (he'll be 50 at the time and I'll be 46) but I wouldn't say we're both in 'top" shape. Also, my family has a history of altitude sickness, so I'm a little nervous about that.. We were thinking of spending one night going up and coming back down in one day. Any suggestions about planning this hike would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hiking Mount Fuji in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Places to travel in June or July
- 2 Packing Help - What to take
- 3 Survey (Trip planning mobile app )
- 4 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 5 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 Visa expiration and re entry
- 8 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 9 Rovia booking engine
- 10 Jacket with pockets
- 11 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 12 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 13 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 14 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 15 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 16 Dual time zone watches
- 17 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 18 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 19 Website for good hotel rates?
- 20 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 21 What color nail polish in France
- 22 Travel Clothing
- 23 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???