My husband & I are planning to hike Mount Fuji in 2010 (July or August, as we hear that's the best time to climb it). Does anyone have suggestions on lodging on the way up and how far in advance you need to make reservations? Any suggestions on which location to start from? We are both fairly active people, (he'll be 50 at the time and I'll be 46) but I wouldn't say we're both in 'top" shape. Also, my family has a history of altitude sickness, so I'm a little nervous about that.. We were thinking of spending one night going up and coming back down in one day. Any suggestions about planning this hike would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hiking Mount Fuji in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Finding International flights and hotels
- 2 Best places to start...
- 3 Friends Seeking Advice
- 4 December travel - where to go?
- 5 Travel health insurance
- 6 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 7 Apple Pay is here, and it's revolutionary!
- 8 French gastronomy
- 9 India food Tours
- 10 Where would you go if you were us?
- 11 Home Exchanges
- 12 10 Days of travel help!
- 13 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 16 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 17 Website to map your trips?
- 18 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 19 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 20 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 21 Winter Sunshine
- 22 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 23 Private Guides - Cost question
- 24 Rome and amalfi coast
- 25 Around the World Ticket/Trips