I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 2 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 3 Planning your next vacation
- 4 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 5 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 6 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 7 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 8 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 9 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 10 Road trip stops
- 11 13 passenger van rental Orlando airport
- 12 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 13 Travel towel?
- 14 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 15 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 16 Favorite budget travel items?
- 17 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 18 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 19 Buying Russia train tickets
- 20 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 21 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 22 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 23 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 24 Phone services in Western Europe
- 25 All-in-One Universal Plug Adapter?