I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://luxmuscle.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 3 Getting my child from Stanford
- 4 http://www.burnfatin4days.com/vitalpeak-xt-reviews/
- 5 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 6 Ideal Trip!
- 7 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 8 Pa to New England States
- 9 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 10 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 11 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 12 cape cod
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 15 Lipault luggage durability
- 16 Credit card protection
- 17 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 18 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali
- 20 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 21 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 22 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 23 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 24 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
- 25 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes