I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 2 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 3 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 4 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 5 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 6 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 7 Where to keep important documents
- 8 Holiday to Florida
- 9 Sim Card Advice
- 10 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 13 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 14 Minimalistic living for travel
- 15 Rain Boots
- 16 Schengen Visa
- 17 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 18 Fodor's Phrase App
- 19 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 20 Rental car for 5 people
- 21 The "Vacation Problem"
- 22 Please help me find a phone that will work in France
- 23 Hostel suggestions
- 24 Car Rental feedback - Avis and Budget
- 25 Needed help on transportation in UK