I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Help with two Trips
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 2 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 5 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 6 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 7 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 8 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 9 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 10 About EHIC card?
- 11 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 12 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 13 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 14 quiet getaways for older women
- 15 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 16 Torn between Trips
- 17 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 18 Groupon Getaways
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 21 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 22 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 23 Carrying a smartphone
- 24 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 25 40th birthday trip with my husband