I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 EPSON: printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ EPSON TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 Short Notice Solo Travel
- 3 4 week travel with teens
- 4 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 5 What to do on long flights?
- 6 Beware of HolidayCars.com
- 7 One month free to travel in February
- 8 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 9 Honeymoon Destination
- 10 How to find the best adventure tour
- 11 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 12 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 13 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 14 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 15 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 16 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 17 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 18 Need Amalfi planning help
- 19 Where to go...April of 2018
- 20 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 21 California Zepher
- 22 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 23 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 24 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 25 Honeymoon ideas STAT