I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 which train from FCO to Firenze?
- 2 What a fantastic idea
- 3 Indian Summer (Montmorency Falls)
- 4 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 5 Help with choosing guided tour
- 6 Trip ideas for the winter
- 7 Trip inspiration needed
- 8 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 9 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 10 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 11 Honeymoon August 2016
- 12 Ireland to ???
- 13 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 14 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 15 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 16 Road trip from PA to NY
- 17 layover time - immigration process
- 18 Sunday Fundayz
- 19 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 20 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 21 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 22 Year Long Travel
- 23 Packing light challenge
- 24 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 25 Charter of a yacht