I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 2 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 3 Bad Experience
- 4 Business trip in early March
- 5 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 6 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 7 Family of 3-month long trip
- 8 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 9 Solo travel France / winter
- 10 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 11 Christmas warm weather
- 12 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 13 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 14 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 15 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 16 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 17 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 18 Want to go Munich
- 19 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 20 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 21 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 22 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 23 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 24 What makes flying first class worth it?
- 25 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring