I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 2 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 3 Girls Trip Ideas
- 4 Driving holiday
- 5 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 6 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 7 Sunday Fundayz
- 8 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 9 Travel buddy for Asia or Central/South America trip
- 10 Does the USB car charger (UK edition ) suffice for my car travel ?
- 11 Searching for co-travelers!
- 12 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 13 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 14 Family trip Europe
- 15 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 16 Home security while traveling
- 17 More on Phony Reviews
- 18 Advice for a newbie
- 19 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 20 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 21 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 22 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 23 Ideas February trip
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 25 Day bags when traveling