I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora?
- 2 New Traveller
- 3 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 4 Terrified traveller
- 5 Early trip planning
- 6 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 7 First time travelling outside the USA
- 8 First time traveler
- 9 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 10 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 13 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 14 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 15 SIXT car rental in US
- 16 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 17 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 18 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 19 Visit to usa
- 20 insect repellent bracelets
- 21 Top travel destinations 2017
- 22 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 23 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 24 Tour company or DIY?
- 25 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?