I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 3 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 4 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 5 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 6 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 7 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 8 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 9 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 10 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 11 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 12 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 13 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Daypack Recommendation
- 16 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 17 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 18 Where to go with an infant?
- 19 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 20 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 21 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 22 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 23 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 24 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 25 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?