I am having a bit of trouble deciding on destinations for two upcoming trips. There are entirely too many options and even though I spend a good part of my work day perusing all the various forums on here, I'm still stuck on ideas.
My boyfriend and I (both mid-20s) would like to take both a short, solo trip for our anniversary in early December and a bigger trip around April/May, possibly with my then 5 year-old daughter. We live in Boston (though he's from NY). He hasn't traveled much at all, except for Mexico and the DR. I've been to a good amount of the US states and the Caribbean, but other than that, have not traveled outside the country. Both VERY active - We both compete in bodybuilding and run obstacle course races. #1 on his travel list is Italy, while mine is Antarctica (someday I'll get there!).
For the December trip we will have a significantly smaller budget, so I was thinking maybe California, Texas, Louisiana? He wants to do the Caribbean, but I'm not a sun worshipper and I'm a bit over the Caribbean at the moment.
Longer trip I was thinking Morocco or Peru, maybe even Ireland, someplace we can spend a bit more time and can really get out and explore, but am totally open to other ideas as this will be my first international trip. Larger budget for this, but still hoping for under $2500 a person, especially if we will be traveling with the little one.
Thanks in advance!
Help with two Trips
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Has anyone dealt with Truffle Pig out of Canada to plan a trip??
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 4 Finding a House Sitter.
- 5 Road Scholar
- 6 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 7 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 8 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 9 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 10 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Useful travel apps
- 13 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 14 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 15 Base city in England
- 16 Suggestions please
- 17 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 18 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 19 vow renewal
- 20 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 21 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 22 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 23 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 24 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 25 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK