My husband and I are in our 50's and planning a 9 day trip to Ireland. We are flying into Dublin and planned to rent a car at the airport and head to Kilkenny for the first 2 nights, then on to Killarney for 2 nights, then Ennis for 2 nights, returning our car in Dublin and spending the last nights in Dublin. We thought that spending 2 nights in a location would give us time to relax and enjoy the scenery. We also thought that these locations were located within a reasonable distance to many of the historical and cultural sights we would like to see. Could you please tell me if we are being reasonable? We honestly want to avoid tourist traps so any suggestions of places to avoid would be very helpful. We are both a little apprehensive about renting a car as well -- any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
help with our itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 2 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 3 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 4 Your Best Travel Tips
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 Useful travel apps
- 7 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 8 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 9 Road Scholar
- 10 Base city in England
- 11 Suggestions please
- 12 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 13 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 14 vow renewal
- 15 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 16 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 17 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 20 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 21 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 22 Traveling tips during fall
- 23 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 24 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 25 How much cash do you carry before a trip?