My husband and I are in our 50's and planning a 9 day trip to Ireland. We are flying into Dublin and planned to rent a car at the airport and head to Kilkenny for the first 2 nights, then on to Killarney for 2 nights, then Ennis for 2 nights, returning our car in Dublin and spending the last nights in Dublin. We thought that spending 2 nights in a location would give us time to relax and enjoy the scenery. We also thought that these locations were located within a reasonable distance to many of the historical and cultural sights we would like to see. Could you please tell me if we are being reasonable? We honestly want to avoid tourist traps so any suggestions of places to avoid would be very helpful. We are both a little apprehensive about renting a car as well -- any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
help with our itinerary
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Which Travel Bag
- 2 Your Best Travel Tips
- 3 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 4 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 5 europe In January
- 6 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 7 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 8 Where to go on Christmas?
- 9 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 10 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 11 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 12 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 13 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 14 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 15 Holiday Travel Plans
- 16 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 17 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 18 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 19 Help with honeymoon destination
- 20 places to stop and stretch.
- 21 Travel with or without kids ?
- 22 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 23 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 24 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 25 Where to Stay in solomon island ?