I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Too old maybe?
- 2 Visit to Northern California
- 3 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 4 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 5 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 6 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 7 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 8 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 9 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 10 Autism/Disability Travel
- 11 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 12 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 13 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 14 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 15 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 16 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 17 Pedometer for Kids
- 18 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 19 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 20 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 21 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 22 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 23 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?