I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 2 Travel towel?
- 3 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 4 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 5 Favorite budget travel items?
- 6 One way to and one way back home?
- 7 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 8 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 9 Connection Time for Dulles
- 10 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 11 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 14 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 15 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 16 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 17 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 18 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 19 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 20 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 21 Budapest to Copenhagen trip ideas
- 22 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 23 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 24 TripIt App?
- 25 What to do on long flights?
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?