I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 2 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 3 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 4 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 5 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 6 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 7 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 8 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 9 Where to keep important documents
- 10 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 11 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 12 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 13 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 14 Holiday to Florida
- 15 Sim Card Advice
- 16 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 Minimalistic living for travel
- 21 Rain Boots
- 22 Schengen Visa
- 23 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 24 Fodor's Phrase App
- 25 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?