I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 2 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 3 Travel buddy for Asia or Central/South America trip
- 4 Does the USB car charger (UK edition ) suffice for my car travel ?
- 5 Searching for co-travelers!
- 6 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 7 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 8 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 9 Family trip Europe
- 10 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 11 Home security while traveling
- 12 More on Phony Reviews
- 13 Advice for a newbie
- 14 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 15 Car Rentals in Italy
- 16 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 17 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 18 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 19 Ideas February trip
- 20 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 21 Day bags when traveling
- 22 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 23 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 24 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 25 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?