I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 2 50th Birthday trip
- 3 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 4 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 5 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 6 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 7 What to pack for that trip
- 8 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 9 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 10 Trip with friend
- 11 September Whim
- 12 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 13 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 14 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 15 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 18 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 19 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 20 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 21 40th birthday
- 22 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 23 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 24 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 25 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?