I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 2 Please help with interest-based travel
- 3 Trip Insurance
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 6 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 7 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 8 thrifty - bad experience
- 9 Home security while traveling
- 10 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 11 What to pack for that trip
- 12 Travel tips
- 13 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 14 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 15 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 16 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 17 Passport picture cost
- 18 Passport damage?
- 19 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 20 World trip
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 23 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 24 Passport expiration
- 25 Girls Trip Ideas
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?