I have been reading the threads and looking at different websites to find out the best places for me to visit solo this month. I need to getaway for a few reasons:
1. Boyfriend of four years broke up with me last night, and I love him dearly.
2. Just got let go from my job...TODAY!
3. Just turned 33 last week.
I am looking for a combination of things that will help me rediscover, well, ME. These are my concerns:
1. Safety: Despite the events of the last week, I'm a confident and social individual. I want to venture on my own, but I don't want to think that there maybe a a mugger (or worse!) in the alley around the next block.
2. Balance: I always lean towards sun & sand in all of my destinations, but I would also like to incorporate some historical sights and spiritual locales into my destination this time around. Is there a hybrid destination?
3. Solo/Social Opportunities: A place with both nightlife and relaxation destinations sound good. I want to "play it by ear," meaning I maybe want to drink all night with the locals one night and retreat quietly to my room the next night. I want my destination(s) to incorporate both.
My last vacation was to St. Barts, yet I have NEVER been to any part of Europe. I have two weeks to travel and a middle class budget. I appreciate all of your suggestions, whether you are an experienced traveler or you were in my solo traveling shoes last month.
Help! Where does a 33 year-old woman go solo in a life transition?
- 1 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 2 Which Travel Bag
- 3 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 4 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 5 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 6 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 7 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 10 europe In January
- 11 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 12 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 13 Where to go on Christmas?
- 14 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 15 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 16 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 17 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 18 Holiday Travel Plans
- 19 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 20 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 21 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 22 Help with honeymoon destination
- 23 places to stop and stretch.
- 24 Travel with or without kids ?
- 25 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed