I try to travel with carryon only, and I prefer a wheeled bag, but need a lighter one (preferably under 5 pounds) as I'm less able to lift my bag in and out of the overhead bins, up and down stairs, etc. I've had my 22-inch bag taken away on the runway when I've flown commuter planes, so I've been glad I have a stiff fabric bag when there were squishy/breakable things inside. Do I have to go with a soft fabric bag to get the weight down? If I get a 19- or 20-inch bag, will I have enough room? Does anyone have a Heys 19" hybrid? Or a Lipault 21" collapsible bag? A wheeled duffle? Or any bag that would meet my varied requirements? One that is light but can withstand luggage handling if necessary. Thanks for any suggestions.
Help--Is there a perfect ULTRALIGHT carryon?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?