I try to travel with carryon only, and I prefer a wheeled bag, but need a lighter one (preferably under 5 pounds) as I'm less able to lift my bag in and out of the overhead bins, up and down stairs, etc. I've had my 22-inch bag taken away on the runway when I've flown commuter planes, so I've been glad I have a stiff fabric bag when there were squishy/breakable things inside. Do I have to go with a soft fabric bag to get the weight down? If I get a 19- or 20-inch bag, will I have enough room? Does anyone have a Heys 19" hybrid? Or a Lipault 21" collapsible bag? A wheeled duffle? Or any bag that would meet my varied requirements? One that is light but can withstand luggage handling if necessary. Thanks for any suggestions.
Help--Is there a perfect ULTRALIGHT carryon?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards.
- 2 Hostel suggestions
- 3 trip ideas in May...
- 4 Where to travel?
- 5 [Academic] Help with travel project
- 6 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 7 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 8 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 11 finding last minute packages
- 12 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 13 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 Moving from DC to Texas
- 18 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 19 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 20 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 21 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 22 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 23 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 24 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 25 Which luggage scales?