I told a friend I was so disappointed that Zicam had taken their gel swabs off the market. Besides having had such fabulous results from them in not catching a cold any time I ever started to feel one coming on, I also used them as a preventative measure when, just prior to boarding a plane, I would always use one. Being confined in such close quarters with so many people who are often sick, is a concern. She told me that she carries a small plastic bag with Q-tips, to which she has applied Vaseline, and she then applies a small amount of the Vaseline to the inside of her nasal passages before boarding for a trip. She said this is two-fold in that it keeps moisture inside of her nose, and it also traps any germs. Has anyone ever tried this?
Have you heard of this air travel "tip"?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 4 finding last minute packages
- 5 trip ideas in May...
- 6 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 7 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 8 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 9 Scotland
- 10 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 11 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 12 Moving from DC to Texas
- 13 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 14 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 15 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 16 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 17 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 18 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 19 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 20 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 21 Which luggage scales?
- 22 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 23 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 24 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?
- 25 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!