It's a 'Special' birthday this year and I'm looking to retrace a childhood journey combined with a Dream Drive.
As a youngster every summer my family would drive from Abergavenny in Wales to Naples in Southern Italy to visit family.
I would be looking to fly to Northern Italy, pick up a hire car and then drive the Great Saint Bernard Pass, Lake Geneva, Milan and down to Naples.
If anyone has previously driven all or any part of this I'd really appreciate some route recommendations and general advice.
Many many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/nerve-aid/
- 2 What to do on long flights?
- 3 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 4 Need Amalfi planning help
- 5 Where to go...April of 2018
- 6 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 7 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 8 California Zepher
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 11 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 12 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 13 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 14 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 15 Airport robbery
- 16 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 17 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 18 California Zepher (train)
- 19 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 20 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 21 Travel towel?
- 22 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 23 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 24 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 25 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail