Very new to the forums here and travel in general. I've always wanted to 'see the world,' but until now, couldn't really afford it.
Now, I can afford it, but due to my work schedule can't get much time off. How's that for cruelty? On the plus side, I work 4 on and 4 off so that gives me some time.
I live in the Southeast U.S. And would probably be leaving from Atlanta, Ga if flight were involved.
First, I would love to tour Alaska, and want to know if that would be possible in four days from my location. Of course, I'd be willing to break the 'tour' up into several trips, but my concern is that I would spend most of my four days off 'on the road.'
So, opinions? Would a 4 day Alaska trip be feasible? If so, any suggestions as to where in Alaska? I have extremely varied interests, so all ideas would be welcome.
As an extended question, does anyone have any other ideas for 4 day trips from my locale? Car, plane, train, I'm not picky. I want to experience it all. If it helps, more specifically, I'm living in central Alabama. Any ideas would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 0nline: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:385 :4895 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 3 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 4 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 5 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 6 super fun vacations...
- 7 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 8 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 10 garment travel organizer
- 11 Which type of car ?
- 12 travel partners
- 13 Best bag type for 3 months in Europe - duffel, rolling, or backpack?
- 14 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 15 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 16 Trip to Thailand vs Greece vs Peru?
- 17 to travel or settle down?
- 18 THe case for linen
- 19 CAPITAL ONE CARD: NOT FUNNY
- 20 San Diego to San Francisco in 6 days
- 21 Honeymoon info
- 22 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 23 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 24 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 25 Newbie Using Whats App