Very new to the forums here and travel in general. I've always wanted to 'see the world,' but until now, couldn't really afford it.
Now, I can afford it, but due to my work schedule can't get much time off. How's that for cruelty? On the plus side, I work 4 on and 4 off so that gives me some time.
I live in the Southeast U.S. And would probably be leaving from Atlanta, Ga if flight were involved.
First, I would love to tour Alaska, and want to know if that would be possible in four days from my location. Of course, I'd be willing to break the 'tour' up into several trips, but my concern is that I would spend most of my four days off 'on the road.'
So, opinions? Would a 4 day Alaska trip be feasible? If so, any suggestions as to where in Alaska? I have extremely varied interests, so all ideas would be welcome.
As an extended question, does anyone have any other ideas for 4 day trips from my locale? Car, plane, train, I'm not picky. I want to experience it all. If it helps, more specifically, I'm living in central Alabama. Any ideas would be welcome.
Four day vacations to Alaska?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Package Tour Hanoi - Halong Bay - Paragon Cruise - Sapa 6 Days 5 Nights
- 3 The best 3,5 Star Halong Paragon Cruise 2days 1 night - Halong Bay, Vietnam
- 4 Rovia booking engine
- 5 Visa expiration and re entry
- 6 Places to travel in June or July
- 7 Packing Help - What to take
- 8 Jacket with pockets
- 9 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 10 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 11 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 12 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 13 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 14 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 15 Dual time zone watches
- 16 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 17 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 18 Website for good hotel rates?
- 19 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 20 What color nail polish in France
- 21 Travel Clothing
- 22 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 23 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 24 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 25 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...