Very new to the forums here and travel in general. I've always wanted to 'see the world,' but until now, couldn't really afford it.
Now, I can afford it, but due to my work schedule can't get much time off. How's that for cruelty? On the plus side, I work 4 on and 4 off so that gives me some time.
I live in the Southeast U.S. And would probably be leaving from Atlanta, Ga if flight were involved.
First, I would love to tour Alaska, and want to know if that would be possible in four days from my location. Of course, I'd be willing to break the 'tour' up into several trips, but my concern is that I would spend most of my four days off 'on the road.'
So, opinions? Would a 4 day Alaska trip be feasible? If so, any suggestions as to where in Alaska? I have extremely varied interests, so all ideas would be welcome.
As an extended question, does anyone have any other ideas for 4 day trips from my locale? Car, plane, train, I'm not picky. I want to experience it all. If it helps, more specifically, I'm living in central Alabama. Any ideas would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 2 Travel Escort idea
- 3 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 4 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 5 New England Fall Foliage
- 6 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 7 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 8 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 9 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 10 A week to go somewhere
- 11 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 12 Driving in Ireland
- 13 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 14 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 15 Carrying your passport
- 16 Road trip or Train
- 17 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 18 Ideal Trip!
- 19 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 20 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 21 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 22 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 23 Where to go for short visit?
- 24 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 25 Lipault luggage durability