Very new to the forums here and travel in general. I've always wanted to 'see the world,' but until now, couldn't really afford it.
Now, I can afford it, but due to my work schedule can't get much time off. How's that for cruelty? On the plus side, I work 4 on and 4 off so that gives me some time.
I live in the Southeast U.S. And would probably be leaving from Atlanta, Ga if flight were involved.
First, I would love to tour Alaska, and want to know if that would be possible in four days from my location. Of course, I'd be willing to break the 'tour' up into several trips, but my concern is that I would spend most of my four days off 'on the road.'
So, opinions? Would a 4 day Alaska trip be feasible? If so, any suggestions as to where in Alaska? I have extremely varied interests, so all ideas would be welcome.
As an extended question, does anyone have any other ideas for 4 day trips from my locale? Car, plane, train, I'm not picky. I want to experience it all. If it helps, more specifically, I'm living in central Alabama. Any ideas would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 New Traveller
- 2 Terrified traveller
- 3 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 4 Early trip planning
- 5 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 6 First time travelling outside the USA
- 7 First time traveler
- 8 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 9 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 12 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 13 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 14 SIXT car rental in US
- 15 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 16 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 17 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 18 Visit to usa
- 19 insect repellent bracelets
- 20 Top travel destinations 2017
- 21 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 22 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 23 Tour company or DIY?
- 24 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 25 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days