So I need some help…. I'm looking for a vacation spot outside North America and I'm hoping someone here can advise me based on our interests. There are so many places in the world that I don't know of – I'm hoping for many suggestions (aka ideas for future trips).
Time frame: 2 Weeks – 4th week of May and 1st week of June.
People: Me 33, Brother 28, Mother 61
Interests: Things we like to do: BEACH, swimming, beach, swimming… We LOVE a beautiful beach/water. We love water sports – snorkeling, Scuba (for me alone ^_________^). We also love hiking (tougher ones for my brother and I – like mountains or volcanoes), forests, mountains wildlife and culture/cultural shows. Basically we like to spend our vacation with activities and then R & R at a beach in front of our Hotel- either at the end of the vacation or in the afternoon.
The problem I'm encountering is – locations have one of each… either super nice beaches… or mountains/forests and "okay" beaches or long long long travelling involved (with limited time – that's no ideal). Okay I feel VERY greedy with my interests. I guess my issue is… my brother is a travel virgin (been to 1 trip before)… and he finally collected enough money/will get time of for "1 big trip" and I don't want to disappoint my mother or brother – since I'm the planner. It's 2 weeks – I know that's not considered a "big trip"… but considering I only get 1 week off 90% of the time (in my brother's case 100% of the time in the last 5 years) – this is big. However, it's not big enough to explore a large location either.
1- Egypt - Week #1 in Cairo, Pyramids and a Nile Cruise and Week #2 Sharm El Sheikh (diving!!! And Snorkeling + relaxing)…. In light of recent events that plan has been scrapped.
2- Fiji is another location – but that's too expensive and I want to group that with a trip to Tonga for whale swimming sometimes in the next few years (has to be between July-September). Idea is 1 week on a Fiji cruise, then 1 week in Tonga
Bali - Culture, Mt. Agung Hiking, White Water Rafting, snorkeling/diving at Amed… but the beaches are only okay in front of the hotels unless you go to super secluded areas. Man I feel selfish.. but I would really love to relax at the end of a day on a nice beach in front of our hotel.
Cook's Island (great deals from Costco) – But it's just gorgeous beaches! Not a whole lot of anything…
Mauritius island – against stunning beaches… $$$$... Not a whole of anything…
Any other suggestions/thoughts/help??
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 2 Where to go...April of 2018
- 3 California Zepher
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 6 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 7 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 8 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 9 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 10 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 11 Airport robbery
- 12 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 13 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 14 California Zepher (train)
- 15 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 16 Need Amalfi planning help
- 17 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 18 Travel towel?
- 19 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 20 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 21 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 22 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 23 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 24 Road trip stops
- 25 Need Suggestions!!!!!