So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- Are they a good choice?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Where to go over New Years?
- 4 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 5 Honeymoon
- 6 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 7 my travel ignorance
- 8 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 13 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 14 Travel Insurance or not
- 15 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 16 Economy PLus on United to China
- 17 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 18 Light weight Luggage
- 19 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 20 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 21 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 24 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 25 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities