So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- Are they a good choice?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go on Christmas?
- 2 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 3 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Luggage Tags
- 6 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 9 Which Travel Bag
- 10 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 11 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 12 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 13 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 14 europe In January
- 15 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 16 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination