So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- Are they a good choice?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 2 holiday destinations selection process survey
- 3 Website for good hotel rates?
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Help with itinerary to Emilia-Romagna October 2014
- 6 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 7 December 2014-January 2015 trip ideas
- 8 Driving trip from Boise to the Grand Canyon - where to stop in between?
- 9 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 10 First Solo Travel...Where should I go?
- 11 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 12 Has anyone dealt with Truffle Pig out of Canada to plan a trip??
- 13 Finding a House Sitter.
- 14 Road Scholar
- 15 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 16 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 17 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 18 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 19 Your Best Travel Tips
- 20 Useful travel apps
- 21 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 22 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 23 Base city in England
- 24 Suggestions please
- 25 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee