I have a Citi Aadvantage Visa card that I've had for 20+ years. My annual fee is $50, due in a few months. I no longer want to pay this fee, as I recently signed up for the Amex card which rewards me more easily without a fee. Also, I get my AA miles mainly through other channels (flights, aadvantage shopping, rental cars, mktg. surveys, etc.)
My question is, what do you think my chances are in getting my annual fee waived? I never pay interest (i.e. pay off each month), and I used to charge around $500-800/month 4 months ago, but rerouted my spending to my new Amex card.
Anyone have similar circumstances and experiences? Any advice how to request this fee be waived, as I'm not what would be considered all that "desirable" a card holder (to Citibank).
Thank you in advance for any insights.
Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?