In the past, I've been OK with taking a converter and an adapter for my trips to France. I even purchased a French-plug hairdryer in Avignon at Monoprix! However, on my last trip to Paris in May of this year, I was dismayed to find out (and I know I should have checked) that the converter did not accept 3 prong (or grounded) plugs. I wanted to plug in my laptop and couldn't. I was bummed.
I think, after doing some research, that my converter wouldn't have been the best one for a laptop anyway? It has a Hi-Lo switch, which I think is good for smaller appliances.
I'm leaving for Paris in one month and will be taking a laptop again (need to do homework while on vacation, sadly). I'm having trouble finding a converter that will accept the 3 prong (or grounded) plugs from the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a converter that has the 3 prong hole already? I don't think it's particularly safe for me to purchase a 2-to-3 prong adapter (similar to the ones that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc.), but I could be wrong.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 verizon@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Technical SUPP0RTCAre
- 2 What to do on long flights?
- 3 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 4 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 5 Packing Cubes
- 6 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 7 Vacation for two
- 8 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 9 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 10 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 11 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 12 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 13 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 14 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 15 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 16 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 17 Motorcycle trip
- 18 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!
- 19 Travel to North carolina from NJ
- 20 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Boston to Bermuda Cruise in June
- 23 Newbie Using Whats App
- 24 super fun vacations...
- 25 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?