In the past, I've been OK with taking a converter and an adapter for my trips to France. I even purchased a French-plug hairdryer in Avignon at Monoprix! However, on my last trip to Paris in May of this year, I was dismayed to find out (and I know I should have checked) that the converter did not accept 3 prong (or grounded) plugs. I wanted to plug in my laptop and couldn't. I was bummed.
I think, after doing some research, that my converter wouldn't have been the best one for a laptop anyway? It has a Hi-Lo switch, which I think is good for smaller appliances.
I'm leaving for Paris in one month and will be taking a laptop again (need to do homework while on vacation, sadly). I'm having trouble finding a converter that will accept the 3 prong (or grounded) plugs from the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a converter that has the 3 prong hole already? I don't think it's particularly safe for me to purchase a 2-to-3 prong adapter (similar to the ones that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc.), but I could be wrong.
Converter for a 3 prong (or grounded) plug?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 2 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 3 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 4 Delices & Gourmandises
- 5 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 6 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 7 Packing Help - What to take
- 8 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Places to travel in June or July
- 11 Visa expiration and re entry
- 12 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 13 Rovia booking engine
- 14 Jacket with pockets
- 15 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 16 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains