In the past, I've been OK with taking a converter and an adapter for my trips to France. I even purchased a French-plug hairdryer in Avignon at Monoprix! However, on my last trip to Paris in May of this year, I was dismayed to find out (and I know I should have checked) that the converter did not accept 3 prong (or grounded) plugs. I wanted to plug in my laptop and couldn't. I was bummed.
I think, after doing some research, that my converter wouldn't have been the best one for a laptop anyway? It has a Hi-Lo switch, which I think is good for smaller appliances.
I'm leaving for Paris in one month and will be taking a laptop again (need to do homework while on vacation, sadly). I'm having trouble finding a converter that will accept the 3 prong (or grounded) plugs from the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a converter that has the 3 prong hole already? I don't think it's particularly safe for me to purchase a 2-to-3 prong adapter (similar to the ones that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc.), but I could be wrong.
Converter for a 3 prong (or grounded) plug?
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 3 Technology tips, and travel
- 4 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 5 Where to go on Christmas?
- 6 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 9 Which Travel Bag
- 10 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 11 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 12 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 13 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 14 europe In January
- 15 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 16 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination