In the past, I've been OK with taking a converter and an adapter for my trips to France. I even purchased a French-plug hairdryer in Avignon at Monoprix! However, on my last trip to Paris in May of this year, I was dismayed to find out (and I know I should have checked) that the converter did not accept 3 prong (or grounded) plugs. I wanted to plug in my laptop and couldn't. I was bummed.
I think, after doing some research, that my converter wouldn't have been the best one for a laptop anyway? It has a Hi-Lo switch, which I think is good for smaller appliances.
I'm leaving for Paris in one month and will be taking a laptop again (need to do homework while on vacation, sadly). I'm having trouble finding a converter that will accept the 3 prong (or grounded) plugs from the U.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a converter that has the 3 prong hole already? I don't think it's particularly safe for me to purchase a 2-to-3 prong adapter (similar to the ones that you can purchase at Home Depot, etc.), but I could be wrong.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 destination help
- 2 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 3 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 4 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 5 travelling with infant
- 6 What to do with mail when traveling
- 7 Prague & Croatia
- 8 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 9 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 10 Norway in November
- 11 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 12 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 13 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 14 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 15 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 16 Schengen visa
- 17 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 18 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 19 Daypack Recommendation
- 20 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 21 greece to germany. doable?
- 22 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 23 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 24 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX
- 25 Which is a Better Route - I-80 or I-40