I've updated my Leaving Home list (at http://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/the-leaving-home-list/ ) to recommend checking your credit and ATM cards to make sure they won't expire while you're traveling. My Credit Union ATM card expires the month after I leave on my RTW, and they're sending me a new one, but Capital One flatly refused to send me a new Visa card to replace the one that expires in January - they claim their system sends new cards automatically and they can't override! (I wound up getting a new Capital One MasterCard.)
Check your expiration dates
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 3 Rovia booking engine
- 4 Places to travel in June or July
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Jacket with pockets
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 9 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 10 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 11 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 Dual time zone watches
- 14 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 15 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 16 Website for good hotel rates?
- 17 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 18 What color nail polish in France
- 19 Travel Clothing
- 20 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 23 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 24 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 25 Getting a Second Passport