I've updated my Leaving Home list (at http://mytimetotravel.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/the-leaving-home-list/ ) to recommend checking your credit and ATM cards to make sure they won't expire while you're traveling. My Credit Union ATM card expires the month after I leave on my RTW, and they're sending me a new one, but Capital One flatly refused to send me a new Visa card to replace the one that expires in January - they claim their system sends new cards automatically and they can't override! (I wound up getting a new Capital One MasterCard.)
Check your expiration dates
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 3 Mailing travel gifts from abroad
- 4 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 5 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 6 Vacation with 1 year old?
- 7 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 8 Where to go in February/March
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 11 Waterproof spray
- 12 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 13 Honeymoon
- 14 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 15 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 16 Where to go over New Years?
- 17 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 18 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 19 my travel ignorance
- 20 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 21 Your Best Travel Tips
- 22 Northern Lights
- 23 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 24 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 25 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!