a few questions on the article:
"Prices are at their lowest between 18 to 28 days prior to your trip, she says, and is your magic window to book.
Domestic fares are lowest 21 days before departure"
I havent found that to be true. In fact, I saw no difference in prices if I book 3 months ahead, or 1 week.
"Overnight flights can be good bargains"
sounds good. and you dont lose a whole day in flight.
"Buying two one-way tickets from different airlines may be cheaper than a round-trip ticket"
strange, I have never tried it; but will check it out. Anyone done that?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 TravelAgent
- 4 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 5 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 6 Bad Experience
- 7 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 8 Business trip in early March
- 9 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 10 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 11 Family of 3-month long trip
- 12 Solo travel France / winter
- 13 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 14 Christmas warm weather
- 15 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 18 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 19 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 20 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 21 Want to go Munich
- 22 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 23 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December