a few questions on the article:
"Prices are at their lowest between 18 to 28 days prior to your trip, she says, and is your magic window to book.
Domestic fares are lowest 21 days before departure"
I havent found that to be true. In fact, I saw no difference in prices if I book 3 months ahead, or 1 week.
"Overnight flights can be good bargains"
sounds good. and you dont lose a whole day in flight.
"Buying two one-way tickets from different airlines may be cheaper than a round-trip ticket"
strange, I have never tried it; but will check it out. Anyone done that?
cheap air fare
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 2 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 3 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 4 Torn between Trips
- 5 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 6 Carrying a smartphone
- 7 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 8 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 9 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 10 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 11 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 12 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 13 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 14 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 15 50th birthday in January destination
- 16 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 17 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 18 Discounted luggage websites
- 19 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 20 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 21 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 22 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 23 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 24 Groupon Getaways
- 25 Rain Boots