Just coz someone was able to pass through security checks with explosives in his underwear, Canada Transport has banned carry-ons altogether on all flights to U.S.! I was flying in to New York from Toronto—just a 90 minute flight for which I had to wait 5 hours at the airport undergoing innumerable delays and security checks. In the end, I was just happy I was able to carry my 10K camera and accessories on-flight. I don’t mind checking in all my baggage – in fact, a good turnout from all of this could result in less delays at security checkpoints since there would be less luggage to check. But the airlines should have some system in place for tracking our check-in luggage so that it doesn’t get lost or robbed! I’ve had too many bad experiences on this count. I’m all for air safety and the bare essentials carry-on rules, but I want a fool-proof system for check-in luggage, or be given full compensation from airlines. What do you guys think?
Canada restricts carry-on luggage on flights to US!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 2 The "credit card" of the future is here! (Almost.)
- 3 Website to map your trips?
- 4 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 5 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 6 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 7 Best places to start...
- 8 Where would you go if you were us?
- 9 Winter Sunshine
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 French gastronomy
- 12 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 13 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 14 Travel health insurance
- 15 Private Guides - Cost question
- 16 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 17 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 18 Rome and amalfi coast
- 19 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 20 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 21 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 22 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 23 Phone service
- 24 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place
- 25 Home security while traveling?