Just coz someone was able to pass through security checks with explosives in his underwear, Canada Transport has banned carry-ons altogether on all flights to U.S.! I was flying in to New York from Toronto—just a 90 minute flight for which I had to wait 5 hours at the airport undergoing innumerable delays and security checks. In the end, I was just happy I was able to carry my 10K camera and accessories on-flight. I don’t mind checking in all my baggage – in fact, a good turnout from all of this could result in less delays at security checkpoints since there would be less luggage to check. But the airlines should have some system in place for tracking our check-in luggage so that it doesn’t get lost or robbed! I’ve had too many bad experiences on this count. I’m all for air safety and the bare essentials carry-on rules, but I want a fool-proof system for check-in luggage, or be given full compensation from airlines. What do you guys think?
Canada restricts carry-on luggage on flights to US!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 French gastronomy
- 3 two months away and mold problems.
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 8 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 9 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 10 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 11 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 12 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 13 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 14 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 15 Phone service
- 16 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 17 10 Days of travel help!
- 18 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 19 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice