My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyorder.org/trigger-xl-reviews/
- 2 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 3 Nice, France
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Wildlife photography courses
- 6 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 7 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 8 Well Needed Getaway
- 9 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 10 Trip to Greece
- 11 Cross-Country trip advice
- 12 Working with an agency
- 13 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 14 Managing Travel Photographs
- 15 Daypack Recommendation
- 16 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 17 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 18 51st Birthday Trip
- 19 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 20 THe case for linen
- 21 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 22 MS Slendida
- 23 currency app
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 All purpose soap