My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Home security while traveling
- 2 More on Phony Reviews
- 3 Advice for a newbie
- 4 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 5 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 6 Family trip Europe
- 7 Car Rentals in Italy
- 8 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 9 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 10 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 11 Ideas February trip
- 12 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 13 Day bags when traveling
- 14 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 15 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 16 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 17 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 18 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 19 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 20 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 21 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 22 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 23 Saving Money
- 24 Road trip from Dallas to Miami
- 25 Ideas for car travel destination with elderly folks