My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Passport(EU), Visa, USA Green Card, Drivers License, Working
- 2 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 3 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 4 Road trip from PA to NY
- 5 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 6 layover time - immigration process
- 7 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 8 Sunday Fundayz
- 9 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 10 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 11 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 12 Year Long Travel
- 13 Packing light challenge
- 14 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 15 Charter of a yacht
- 16 Travelling: Money Help
- 17 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 18 From Chicago to San Diego
- 19 Trip ideas for the winter
- 20 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 21 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans
- 22 Minimalistic living for travel
- 23 What to pack for that trip
- 24 Birthday trip
- 25 Tokyo Disneyland Staff is very rude!!!