My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 2 Cross Country Greyhound Trip
- 3 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 4 Traving to Barcelona Spain
- 5 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 6 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 7 Travel towel?
- 8 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 9 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 10 Favorite budget travel items?
- 11 One way to and one way back home?
- 12 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 13 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 14 Connection Time for Dulles
- 15 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 16 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 19 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 20 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 21 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 22 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 23 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 24 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 25 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring