My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 MTA - Mouhoutours Adventures / Morocco Tour Operator
- 2 Ice Land
- 3 Need idea for one week trip in late November!!
- 4 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 5 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 6 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 7 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 8 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 9 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 10 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help
- 11 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 12 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 13 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 14 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 15 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 16 Where to keep important documents
- 17 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 18 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 19 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 20 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 21 Holiday to Florida
- 22 Sim Card Advice
- 23 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice