My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
California Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 3 two months away and mold problems.
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice