My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7-10 day trip ideas with kid/teen
- 2 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Early trip planning
- 5 Something different for family of 6
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 8 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 9 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 10 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 11 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 12 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 13 Late December, early January travel
- 14 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 15 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 16 Nice, France
- 17 Finding deals based on departure location
- 18 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 19 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 20 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 21 First time travel to Italy
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 24 THe case for linen
- 25 Wildlife photography courses