My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Utah's "Might 5" National Parks
- 2 50th Birthday trip
- 3 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 4 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 5 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 6 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 7 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 8 What to pack for that trip
- 9 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 10 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 11 Trip with friend
- 12 September Whim
- 13 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 14 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 15 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 16 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 19 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 20 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 21 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 22 40th birthday
- 23 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 24 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 25 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad