My husband and I are planning a last minute road trip to California this August and I'm looking for intinerary and hotel suggestions. We're flying into San Francisco, then doing Napa, Yosemite, then Monterey, and driving up the coast to San Francisco. We're looking for ideas on itinerary, and suggestions for hotels that are budget friendly (ideally $150 or less?).
Here is our itinerary so far:
Day 1 to Day 2: Fly into SFO, spend two nights.
Day 3: Drive to Sonoma or Napa (suggestions on which is cheaper to stay?) Stay one night.
Day 4-6: Drive to Yosemite. Spend three nights.
Day 7: Drive to Monterey or Santa cruz (suggestions?). We've done Monterey before, so we're open to other places. We just want to stay somewhere along the coast that is budget friendly.
Day 8: Drive up the coast, stay somewhere in a city along here, closer to San Fran (suggestions?)
Day 9: Drive and fly out of SFO.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://xtrfact.com/nerve-aid/
- 2 What to do on long flights?
- 3 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 4 Need Amalfi planning help
- 5 Where to go...April of 2018
- 6 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 7 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 8 California Zepher
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 11 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 12 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 13 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 14 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 15 Airport robbery
- 16 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 17 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 18 California Zepher (train)
- 19 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 20 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 21 Travel towel?
- 22 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 23 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 24 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 25 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail