I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 2 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 3 Places to travel in June or July
- 4 Visa expiration and re entry
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 7 Rovia booking engine
- 8 Jacket with pockets
- 9 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 10 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 11 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 12 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 13 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 14 Dual time zone watches
- 15 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 16 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 17 Website for good hotel rates?
- 18 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 19 What color nail polish in France
- 20 Travel Clothing
- 21 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 22 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 23 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 24 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 25 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks