I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 3 Honeymoon
- 4 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 5 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 6 Where to go over New Years?
- 7 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 8 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 9 my travel ignorance
- 10 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 15 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 16 Travel Insurance or not
- 17 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 18 Economy PLus on United to China
- 19 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 20 Light weight Luggage
- 21 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 22 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 23 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 24 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 25 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites