I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best places to start...
- 2 Two adults and an 8-year-old, anywhere in the world...trip ideas welcome!
- 3 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 4 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 5 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 6 The "credit card" of the future is here! (Almost.)
- 7 Website to map your trips?
- 8 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 9 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 10 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 11 Where would you go if you were us?
- 12 Winter Sunshine
- 13 Friends Seeking Advice
- 14 French gastronomy
- 15 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 16 Travel health insurance
- 17 Private Guides - Cost question
- 18 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 19 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 20 Rome and amalfi coast
- 21 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 24 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 25 Phone service