I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 India food Tours
- 2 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 3 Thanksgiving week trip
- 4 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 5 Air B&B
- 6 Single supplements
- 7 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 8 Discounted luggage websites
- 9 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 10 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 11 Travel eruope early November this year
- 12 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 15 Where would you go if you were us?
- 16 Anniversary trip
- 17 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 18 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 19 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 20 Online Visas
- 21 Traveling with a smartphone
- 22 Learning vacations
- 23 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 24 Crossing Borders
- 25 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets