I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 2 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 3 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 4 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 5 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 6 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 7 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 8 About EHIC card?
- 9 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 10 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 11 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 12 quiet getaways for older women
- 13 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 14 Torn between Trips
- 15 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 16 Groupon Getaways
- 17 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 18 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 19 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 20 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 21 Carrying a smartphone
- 22 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 23 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 24 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 25 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.