I have a nice Canon camera (not just a point and shoot) that takes amazing pictures, but I don't want to risk getting it scratched or dirty (or stolen) on our upcoming trips to Mexico and Jamaica. Some of the new waterproof cameras have pretty high megapixels and will do the trick while snorkeling and hanging by the pool, and I won't have to worry about ruining my nice camera. I'd like to keep the price under $300, and have been looking at Fuji XP20, Olympus - TG610, or Olympus - TG810 (a little pricey). I really really wanted the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2V, but it's just way to far out of our budget right now. I can't decide on which one of the first I mentioned to get because they all have some pretty negative reviews (not waterproof and they die - pretty much the whole point?), so I don't know which to commit to. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any other brands I should look into? Thanks!!
Best Waterproof Camera?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Carry-on Luggage
- 3 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 4 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 5 Traveling with a smartphone
- 6 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 7 Transferring on an international flight
- 8 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 9 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 12 Thanksgiving week trip
- 13 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 14 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 15 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 16 Thrifty OHare parking
- 17 Saving money travelling the world
- 18 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 19 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 20 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 21 Discounted luggage websites
- 22 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 23 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 24 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?
- 25 Where to go over New Years?