Hi fellow travelers,
I'm planning a trip around the world (not sure if heading east or west yet) and suspect I'll have serious bouts of JET LAG (for me means wide awake in the wee hours of the nite).
For example when in Tokyo awake at 4am, my wife and I headed to the famous Tsukiji Fish Market, the biggest wholesale fish market in the world. And to our surprise we found many other red-eyed westerns there.
Thus I'm looking for suggestions as to other best cities and destinations to be awake all nite in (in the US and overseas). Any suggestions?
Also if you have advice on stuff to do, places to go in the wee hours:
- specific late nite entertainment venues
- best late nite neighborhoods to hang out in & have fun
- all nite food spots or street vendors
- any remedies or therapies (conventional & non-conventional) that you've tried in a particular city that eased your jet lag-ness would be terrific.
For your insights I'd be most grateful.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 TravelAgent
- 4 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 5 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 6 Bad Experience
- 7 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 8 Business trip in early March
- 9 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 10 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 11 Family of 3-month long trip
- 12 Solo travel France / winter
- 13 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 14 Christmas warm weather
- 15 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 18 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 19 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 20 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 21 Want to go Munich
- 22 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 23 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
Best Cities/Places to Be Jet Lagged In? (aka wide awake all nite)
Hi fellow travelers,