This question is aimed at backpackers.
When I went backpacking a few years ago I left with only my main backpack however, after a few days realised I also needed a smaller daypack for short trips in the vicinity of my hostel.
The daypack was very useful but travelling with both bags was laborious.
I'm planning on going backpacking again soon and wondered if anyone has experienced the same issues and possible solutions? I've seen backpacks with built in daypacks that you just zip off - does anyone use one are they good? they look too big!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help with choosing guided tour
- 2 Trip ideas for the winter
- 3 Trip inspiration needed
- 4 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Ireland to ???
- 9 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 10 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 11 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 12 Road trip from PA to NY
- 13 layover time - immigration process
- 14 Sunday Fundayz
- 15 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 16 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 17 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 18 Year Long Travel
- 19 Packing light challenge
- 20 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 21 Charter of a yacht
- 22 Travelling: Money Help
- 23 From Chicago to San Diego
- 24 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 25 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans