Sept. 8, 2011 we made reservations for an Irish bus tour for June 10, 2012 with Brendan Travel, we took advantage of the early booking discounts, prepaid discounts, as well as using our American Express card for full payment to receive a $100 Gift card from AE, the booking included hotels and transfers the day before and the day after the land tour. On March 29, 2012 we were informed by our travel agent that Brendan had CANCELLED this tour--they had our money for 7 months and then cancelled and offered a refund!! How were we to find a substitute in the same range without the early book and prepaid discounts offered!! On April 6, 2012 our travel agent was offered a substitute tour thru their parent company of Trafalgar Tours...BUT they said this tour was longer and more expensive and they would honor our previous amount paid. Sounds good except for the fact they would not honor the prepaid hotels and transfers or the AE Gift Card!! We had to leave the tour one day early to connect with our Mediterranean cruise out of Southampton ...so they did not have to pay for the last night hotel, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park tour admission, farewell dinner and transfer to airport. But they kept the money we had already paid for hotels and transfers and so even thou we had paid $140 USD for a hotel-airport transfer we were not credited, reimbursed or transferred-- instead we advised we would have to pay for our own cab fare to the airport-33 Euros!! I feel like I was taken advantage of and ripped off--I would suggest you consider other tour operators as Brendan/Trafalgar are not customer service oriented and have, in my opinion, very questionable ethics and business practices. I can understand the bad economy may have resulted in a situation that may have made it a money loser to operate that tour but we are clients that dealt with them in good faith-paid in full, included additional services such as hotels and transfer before and after should not have been penalized and suffered additional financial expenses that were originally paid--they should have honored all the prepaid items and considered it a good will accommodation. Now for the sake of a relative small amount of money they caused major bad will and lost us as future clients and hopefully some of you that are reading this!!
Avoid Brendan-Trafalgar Tours!!
- 1 How do you balance new destinations and familiar ones?
- 2 Seeking easy and secluded beach vaca - help!
- 3 Eurail Pass Help!
- 4 iPad use on long flights
- 5 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 6 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 7 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 8 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 9 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 10 Sardinia, Italy
- 11 Vacation Destination
- 12 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 13 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 train tickets for italy
- 16 Shoe Trouble
- 17 Good article on shoes for travel
- 18 Rose Bowl Parade
- 19 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 20 Buying SNCF tickets
- 21 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 22 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 23 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 24 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 25 Home Exchanges