I am getting married at the end of July 2014 and am planning our honeymoon roughly between July 30 – August 12. Further, we must attend our friend’s destination wedding in Hawaii immediately afterwards for the August 16th weekend so we are hoping to make this all one big trip, without coming back home first. We are from Vancouver, Canada and are still undecided on location, however we do have a few criteria:
- We don’t want to be lying around on a beach all the time as we will be in Hawaii anyways for our friend’s wedding
- We enjoy culture, food, wine, and nightlife! We’re thinking a bit more of a city vibe would be nice, but somewhere that feels ‘different’ from Vancouver (We would LOVE to go to Europe, but are thinking it may be too far out for our budget/time.. )
- A perfect balance would be about 60/40 between activities/sightseeing and relaxing
- Our budget is around $5000 (not including Hawaii)
Some destinations we have considered are California, Costa Rica, and New York (too far/$$?)…but we are open to suggestions. Any help is really appreciated – we’re both pretty inexperienced travellers!!
August honeymoon from Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 4 Waterproof spray
- 5 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 6 40th Birthday Trip
- 7 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 8 Honeymoon
- 9 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 10 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 11 Where to go over New Years?
- 12 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 13 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 14 my travel ignorance
- 15 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 16 Your Best Travel Tips
- 17 Northern Lights
- 18 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 19 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 20 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 21 Travel Insurance or not
- 22 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 23 Economy PLus on United to China
- 24 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 25 Light weight Luggage