I am getting married at the end of July 2014 and am planning our honeymoon roughly between July 30 – August 12. Further, we must attend our friend’s destination wedding in Hawaii immediately afterwards for the August 16th weekend so we are hoping to make this all one big trip, without coming back home first. We are from Vancouver, Canada and are still undecided on location, however we do have a few criteria:
- We don’t want to be lying around on a beach all the time as we will be in Hawaii anyways for our friend’s wedding
- We enjoy culture, food, wine, and nightlife! We’re thinking a bit more of a city vibe would be nice, but somewhere that feels ‘different’ from Vancouver (We would LOVE to go to Europe, but are thinking it may be too far out for our budget/time.. )
- A perfect balance would be about 60/40 between activities/sightseeing and relaxing
- Our budget is around $5000 (not including Hawaii)
Some destinations we have considered are California, Costa Rica, and New York (too far/$$?)…but we are open to suggestions. Any help is really appreciated – we’re both pretty inexperienced travellers!!
August honeymoon from Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 2 Anniversary trip
- 3 Discounted luggage websites
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 6 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 7 Light weight Luggage
- 8 Carry-on Luggage
- 9 Traveling with a smartphone
- 10 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 11 Transferring on an international flight
- 12 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 13 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 16 Thanksgiving week trip
- 17 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 18 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 19 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 20 Thrifty OHare parking
- 21 Saving money travelling the world
- 22 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 23 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 24 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 25 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?