My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 2 Nice, France
- 3 Wildlife photography courses
- 4 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 5 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 6 Well Needed Getaway
- 7 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 8 Trip to Greece
- 9 Cross-Country trip advice
- 10 Working with an agency
- 11 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 12 Managing Travel Photographs
- 13 Daypack Recommendation
- 14 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 51st Birthday Trip
- 17 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 18 THe case for linen
- 19 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 20 MS Slendida
- 21 currency app
- 22 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 23 All purpose soap
- 24 Packing a stuffed animal.
- 25 How to get a Reliable coach hire company