My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7 hour layover in Paris CDG
- 2 shopping for a digital camera
- 3 Southeast romantic destinations
- 4 destination help
- 5 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 6 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 7 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 8 travelling with infant
- 9 What to do with mail when traveling
- 10 Prague & Croatia
- 11 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 12 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 13 Norway in November
- 14 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 15 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 16 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 17 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 18 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 19 Schengen visa
- 20 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 21 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 22 Daypack Recommendation
- 23 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 24 greece to germany. doable?
- 25 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?