My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Babymoon destination. HELP!!
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora?
- 3 New Traveller
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Terrified traveller
- 6 Early trip planning
- 7 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 8 First time travelling outside the USA
- 9 First time traveler
- 10 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 11 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 14 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 15 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 16 SIXT car rental in US
- 17 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 18 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 19 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 20 Visit to usa
- 21 insect repellent bracelets
- 22 Top travel destinations 2017
- 23 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 24 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 25 Tour company or DIY?