My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
August honeymoon advice: Hawaii or Azores?
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 3 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 4 Which Travel Bag
- 5 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 6 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 7 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 8 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 9 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 12 europe In January
- 13 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 14 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 15 Where to go on Christmas?
- 16 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 17 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 18 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 19 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 20 Holiday Travel Plans
- 21 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 22 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 23 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 24 Help with honeymoon destination
- 25 places to stop and stretch.