My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Should I use a travel agent?
- 2 Road trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 3 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 4 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 5 Travel Escort idea
- 6 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 7 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 8 New England Fall Foliage
- 9 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 10 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 11 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 12 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 13 A week to go somewhere
- 14 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 15 Driving in Ireland
- 16 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 17 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 18 Carrying your passport
- 19 Road trip or Train
- 20 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 21 Ideal Trip!
- 22 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 23 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 24 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 25 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe