My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Cross Country Greyhound Trip
- 2 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 3 Traving to Barcelona Spain
- 4 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 5 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 6 Travel towel?
- 7 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 8 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 9 Favorite budget travel items?
- 10 One way to and one way back home?
- 11 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 12 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 13 Connection Time for Dulles
- 14 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 15 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 18 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 19 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 20 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 21 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 22 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 23 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 24 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 25 Budapest to Copenhagen trip ideas