My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best Hostels
- 2 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 3 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 4 garment travel organizer
- 5 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 6 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 7 Road Trip For Two
- 8 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 9 Copper Canyon
- 10 Travel through Expedia
- 11 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Round the World
- 14 Misleading third party websites
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 17 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
- 18 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 19 vegas to slc loop
- 20 Driving with my 10 year old from jersey shore to Panama City
- 21 barbados or tulum
- 22 resort with wild life on ground
- 23 Want great trip ideas? Attend a travel show!
- 24 Oregon coast trip destination advise please
- 25 BIKING BRUGES TO AMSTERDAM