My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Family of 3-month long trip
- 2 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 3 Ideas for a Christmas Trip
- 4 What makes flying first class worth it?
- 5 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 8 Ask for advices for 10 days trip in Southeast Asia
- 9 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 10 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 11 7-10 day trip ideas with kid/teen
- 12 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 13 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 14 Early trip planning
- 15 Something different for family of 6
- 16 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 17 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 18 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 19 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 20 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 21 Late December, early January travel
- 22 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 23 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 24 Nice, France
- 25 Finding deals based on departure location