My fiance and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination for the last two weeks of August (2013). Currently we are considering two options: Hawaii or Azores. Certainly each place has its pros and cons, but I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone with experience in either or both places has an opinion. Concerns regarding Hawaii include: crowds in August, feeling too mega-resorty, higher expense, and further distance (we're coming from NYC). Concerns regarding Azores include: accommodations being more "rustic" and less comfortable, difficulty navigating within and between islands, and less beach. In general, I think we prefer to "go off the beaten track" but we still want our honeymoon to romantic and quasi-luxurious, rather than feeling like we're in more rustic accommodations (though we'd be down for that on a different type of vacation). Can the Azores provide comforts/romance or is Hawaii the way to go despite the cons mentioned (and I realize neither place would be a "bad" trip)? Thanks for any guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Rent A Car Dubai.
- 3 Delhi Escorts
- 4 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 5 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 6 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 7 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 8 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 9 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 10 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 11 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 12 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 13 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 14 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 15 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 Daypack Recommendation
- 18 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 19 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 20 Where to go with an infant?
- 21 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 22 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 23 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 24 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 25 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS