My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
- 2 Family trip from London to Greece.
- 3 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 4 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 5 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 6 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 7 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 8 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 9 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 10 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 11 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 12 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 13 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 14 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Daypack Recommendation
- 17 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 18 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 19 Where to go with an infant?
- 20 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 21 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 22 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 23 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 24 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 25 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines