My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Needed help on transportation in UK
- 2 Forfeited money due to medical emergency
- 3 Fodor's Phrase App
- 4 travel ideas mom with 17 16 yr old sons one likes outdoors the other city
- 5 The "Vacation Problem"
- 6 First time euro traveler, ideas please!
- 7 Please help me find a phone that will work in France
- 8 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 9 Baggage Limits
- 10 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 [liiperi] byliiperi 4 days ago 8 days around Almaty region - How to spend?
- 13 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 14 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 15 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 16 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 17 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 18 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 19 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 20 About EHIC card?
- 21 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 22 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 23 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 24 quiet getaways for older women
- 25 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice