My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help with choosing guided tour
- 2 Trip ideas for the winter
- 3 Trip inspiration needed
- 4 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Ireland to ???
- 9 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 10 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 11 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 12 Road trip from PA to NY
- 13 layover time - immigration process
- 14 Sunday Fundayz
- 15 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 16 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 17 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 18 Year Long Travel
- 19 Packing light challenge
- 20 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 21 Charter of a yacht
- 22 Travelling: Money Help
- 23 From Chicago to San Diego
- 24 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 25 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans