My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 2 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 3 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 4 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 5 Too old maybe?
- 6 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 7 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 8 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 9 Autism/Disability Travel
- 10 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 11 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 12 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 13 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 14 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 15 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 16 Pedometer for Kids
- 17 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 18 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 19 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 20 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 21 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 22 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 23 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 24 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
- 25 Group Tours for 30 somethings