My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Appalachian Trail, March/April 2012
- 1 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 4 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 5 train tickets for italy
- 6 iPad use on long flights
- 7 Shoe Trouble
- 8 Good article on shoes for travel
- 9 Rose Bowl Parade
- 10 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 11 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 12 Buying SNCF tickets
- 13 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 14 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 15 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 16 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 17 Home Exchanges
- 18 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 19 Where to go in August?
- 20 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 21 Enough Connection Time???
- 22 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?
- 23 solo travel ideas
- 24 4/5 day trip to seattle and vancour
- 25 Passport picture cost