My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 2 Home security while traveling
- 3 More on Phony Reviews
- 4 Advice for a newbie
- 5 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 6 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 7 Family trip Europe
- 8 Car Rentals in Italy
- 9 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 10 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 11 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 12 Ideas February trip
- 13 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 14 Day bags when traveling
- 15 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 16 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 17 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 18 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 19 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 20 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 21 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 22 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 23 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 24 Saving Money
- 25 Road trip from Dallas to Miami