My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Appalachian Trail, March/April 2012
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 3 Mailing travel gifts from abroad
- 4 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 5 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 6 Vacation with 1 year old?
- 7 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 8 Where to go in February/March
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 11 Waterproof spray
- 12 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 13 Honeymoon
- 14 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 15 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 16 Where to go over New Years?
- 17 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 18 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 19 my travel ignorance
- 20 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 21 Your Best Travel Tips
- 22 Northern Lights
- 23 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 24 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 25 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!