My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 garment travel organizer
- 2 Newbie Using Whats App
- 3 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 4 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 5 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 6 Which type of car ?
- 7 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 8 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 9 Cape Town Ideas
- 10 Best Hostels
- 11 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 12 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 13 Road Trip For Two
- 14 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 15 Copper Canyon
- 16 Travel through Expedia
- 17 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 18 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 19 Round the World
- 20 Misleading third party websites
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 23 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
- 24 vegas to slc loop
- 25 Driving with my 10 year old from jersey shore to Panama City