My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 What to pack for that trip
- 2 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 3 September Whim
- 4 Opinion of cruising vs. other types of travel?
- 5 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 6 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 7 Trip with friend
- 8 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 9 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 10 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 11 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 14 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 15 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 16 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 17 40th birthday
- 18 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 19 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 20 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 21 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 22 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas
- 23 Winter travel for different age groups
- 24 Lost my mojo planning a trip with a 6 month old - help!
- 25 considering living abroad with family