My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Appalachian Trail, March/April 2012
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 2 finding last minute packages
- 3 trip ideas in May...
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 6 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 7 Scotland
- 8 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 11 Moving from DC to Texas
- 12 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 13 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 14 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 15 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 16 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 17 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 18 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 19 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 20 Which luggage scales?
- 21 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 22 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 23 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?
- 24 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 25 Best places to start...