My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 2 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 3 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 4 Where to keep important documents
- 5 Ice Land
- 6 Need idea for one week trip in late November!!
- 7 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 8 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 11 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help
- 12 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 13 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 14 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 15 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 18 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 19 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 20 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 21 Holiday to Florida
- 22 Sim Card Advice
- 23 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice