My wife and I are planing a trip to Madrid-Andalucia.
Arriving to Madrid on Sept 20 and leaving from Madrid on Oct 4 (14 FULL days in Southern Spain).
We are in our late 40s and appreciate to mingle with the locals, discover authentic food, places, culture (e.g., I would love to have a suggestion for authentic Flamenco tabernas or restos), trying to avoid as much as we can the "tourism" hoopla, although, the reason of our trip is to visit some of those marvelous sites such as the Alhambra and the Mezquita in Cordoba.
One of us speaks Spanish fairly well.
We are renting a car throughout the whole trip and Madrid happened to be just a convenient start-end point (although our agent failed to suggest the flight back from Malaga which would have been more convenient) where we intend to STAY 2 nights at the beginning of the trip.
I would like to probe your ideas about our itinerary and get suggestions for nice places to stay and eat (we are covering the cultural aspect fairly well, I think, although if there is an absolute must-see aside from the known ones, I would appreciate to hear from the connaisseurs - about churches, castles, architecture, museums, fairs, folk culture).
As far as hotels and restaurants, we LOVE having the quaint places, not crowded, with a character (who does not ) and authentic, the ones that the locals appreciate. We are thinking of staying at least 1 night in a parador, but do not know if it is worth doing so and if there is one which is worthwhile and recommended on our itinerary.
We rather stay in charming B&B or small places (vs. big chain hotels) as we have had nice experiences in Portugal several years back with such impromptu living accommodations, without having made any pre-reservations.
Finally, our tentative itinerary.
I would appreciate all the help in this and in accommodations suggestions (especially in Madrid). I know that the car can be a burden (parking), so hotel suggestions might take into consideration this factor.
** Sept 20-21 Madrid - 2 nights - and 2 full days in MADRID
** Sept 22 Madrid-Toledo - 1 night - a full day in TOLEDO ?
** Sept 23-24 Toledo-Cordoba - 2 nights - 1 1/2 days in CORDOBA
** Sept 25-26 Cordoba-Sevilla - 2 nights - 1 1/2 - 2 days in SEVILLA
** Sept 27-28 Sevilla-Ronda - 2 nights - 2 1/2 days in RONDA and surroundings (Arcos, Jerez, Cadiz, Grazelma, etc.)
** Sept 29 Ronda-Malaga - 1 night - 1/2 day in MALAGA
** Sept 30-Oct 1 Malaga-Granada - 2 nights - 2 days in GRANADA and on route from the Costa del Sol (Nerja, other ??)
** Oct 2 Granada-Jaen, Baeza, Ubeda - 1 night - 1 - 1 1/2 days in these towns
** Oct 3 Back to Madrid - 1 night
Does this sound logical and feasible?
Should I leave out some cities so we don't have a hectic schedule?
Thank you for all the help.
Muchas gracias por todas las sugerencias en espanol tambien.
Andalucia itinerary in autumn
- 1 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 2 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 3 europe In January
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 21 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 22 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 23 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 24 Your Best Travel Tips
- 25 Single Senior Citizen travel