About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 5 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 6 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 7 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 8 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 9 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 10 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 11 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 12 Phone service
- 13 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 14 10 Days of travel help!
- 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 16 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 17 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 18 French gastronomy
- 19 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 20 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 21 Best places to start...
- 22 25th wedding anniv travel
- 23 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 24 Friends Seeking Advice
- 25 December travel - where to go?