About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 quiet getaways for older women
- 2 Car Rental in US with Travel to Canada
- 3 HOW MUCH MONEY TO ESTIMATE FOR MEALS
- 4 All purpose soap
- 5 Car Rentals and dropping at another destination
- 6 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 7 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 8 Where to travel?
- 9 Travel Books for Kids?
- 10 never fly LIAT
- 11 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 14 trip ideas in May...
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 17 finding last minute packages
- 18 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 19 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 20 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 21 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 22 What book should I read?
- 23 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 24 Road trip in Italy
- 25 Hostel suggestions