About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?