About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?