About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 30th Birthday road trip ideas
- 2 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 3 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 4 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 5 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 6 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 7 Delices & Gourmandises
- 8 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 9 Packing Help - What to take
- 10 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 11 Places to travel in June or July
- 12 Visa expiration and re entry
- 13 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 14 Rovia booking engine
- 15 Jacket with pockets
- 16 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 17 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 18 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 19 Dual time zone watches
- 20 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 21 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 22 Website for good hotel rates?
- 23 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 24 What color nail polish in France
- 25 Travel Clothing