About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 2 San Francisco or San Diego
- 3 December 3 Week Vacation
- 4 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 5 Home Exchanges
- 6 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 7 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 8 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 9 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 10 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 11 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 12 India food Tours
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 15 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 16 Going to Costa Rica
- 17 Air B&B
- 18 Single supplements
- 19 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 20 Discounted luggage websites
- 21 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 22 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 23 Travel eruope early November this year
- 24 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 25 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?