About a month ago, due to a delayed flight, I missed a connecting flight to LAX and had to spend a night in Istanbul, Turkey. What was more disturbing is that my luggage made it to LAX that same day and I ended up taking a flight the following day. Knowing full well, that I have I have Premium Baggage Protection coverage from American Express I telephoned AmEx and was told to purchase necessary items and that I would be reimbursed up to $500.00. To my surprise, my claim for reimbursement for emergency supplies was denied, claiming that my transfer airport of Istanbul Turkey was not my final destination, therefore I have no coverage. I do not see that wording in the policy. I feel that AmEx did not treat me fairly in denying this claim. Any suggestions would be appreciated
AMEX Premium Baggage Protection Claim Denied
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing Help - What to take
- 2 Visa expiration and re entry
- 3 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 4 Jacket with pockets
- 5 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 6 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 7 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 8 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 9 Dual time zone watches
- 10 Rovia booking engine
- 11 Places to travel in June or July
- 12 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 13 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 14 Website for good hotel rates?
- 15 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 16 What color nail polish in France
- 17 Travel Clothing
- 18 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 19 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 20 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 21 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 22 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 23 Getting a Second Passport
- 24 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 25 Suggestions for a trip?