Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 my travel ignorance
- 2 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 3 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 4 Traveling solo for first time? I'm a teenager
- 5 Traveling solo for first time? I'm a teenager
- 6 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 7 Mailing travel gifts from abroad
- 8 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 9 40th Birthday Trip
- 10 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old?
- 12 Where to go in February/March
- 13 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 14 Waterproof spray
- 15 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 16 Honeymoon
- 17 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 Where to go over New Years?
- 20 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 21 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 22 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 23 Your Best Travel Tips
- 24 Northern Lights
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips