Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 2 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 3 Going to Costa Rica
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 India food Tours
- 6 Thanksgiving week trip
- 7 Air B&B
- 8 Single supplements
- 9 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 10 Discounted luggage websites
- 11 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 12 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 13 Travel eruope early November this year
- 14 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 17 Where would you go if you were us?
- 18 Anniversary trip
- 19 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 20 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 21 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 22 Online Visas
- 23 Traveling with a smartphone
- 24 Learning vacations
- 25 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)