Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 3 Technology tips, and travel
- 4 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 5 Where to go on Christmas?
- 6 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 9 Which Travel Bag
- 10 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 11 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 12 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 13 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 14 europe In January
- 15 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 16 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination