Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 never fly LIAT
- 2 All purpose soap
- 3 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 4 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 5 How should I prepafe myself?
- 6 Travel Books for Kids?
- 7 quiet getaways for older women
- 8 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 9 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 10 trip ideas in May...
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 13 finding last minute packages
- 14 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 15 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 16 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 17 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 18 What book should I read?
- 19 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 20 Road trip in Italy
- 21 Hostel suggestions
- 22 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands
- 23 Haroon Mahmood - Need Idea & Tips For Travel Italy
- 24 Summer Teaching Jobs Abroad
- 25 Where to travel?