Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 3 two months away and mold problems.
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice