Just wanted others input. I used to travel with my daughter always independently but now she has her own life. Since I have been all over the globe I find friends cannot afford or want to go to the new places I want to go. I have found that solo travel with a private guide is far better than being solo in a group of couples. I refuse to travel with groups that cater to seniors as I am quite fit so that is out. I tried group travel with a British company and a very expensive US company. Although the service was great I felt a bit of a third wheel when couples met for drinks or dinner. My last trip was totally solo with a 2different private guides and I felt a part of our "group" at all times, not isolated or lonely at all. I did have alone time but read or napped after very active days. They were always with me at meals. And is not as expensive as you might think, about the same as that pesky single surcharge. Ideas? Agree or disagree?
Alone or alone in a group
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 [Academic] Help with travel project
- 2 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 3 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 4 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 5 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 6 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 7 finding last minute packages
- 8 trip ideas in May...
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 11 Scotland
- 12 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 13 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 14 Moving from DC to Texas
- 15 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 16 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 17 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 18 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 19 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 20 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 21 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 22 Which luggage scales?
- 23 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 24 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 25 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?