Travel Tips & Trip Ideas Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
  1. 1 AOL Tec*h support contact 1800;681;7208 AOL password reset 24/7
  2. 2 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
  3. 3 Fliip Key vs VRBO
  4. 4 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
  5. 5 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
  6. 6 Trip Report Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
  7. 7 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
  8. 8 TripIt App?
  9. 9 What to do on long flights?
  10. 10 travel mate wanted
  11. 11 Fort Lauderdale to New York
  12. 12 Italy and Santorini Greece
  13. 13 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
  14. 14 Packing Cubes
  15. 15 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
  16. 16 Vacation for two
  17. 17 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
  18. 18 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
  19. 19 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
  20. 20 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
  21. 21 Some tips when using Air BnB
  22. 22 Packing must haves for the summer?
  23. 23 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
  24. 24 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
  25. 25 Mobile Apps for Travel
View next 25 » Back to the top

Airline tickets, wait or buy now??

Jump to last reply

We are vacationing in Arizona late June for 8 days, and I have been checking airfare for weeks now from philly to phoenix. USAIR is offering nonstop flights for $442.00 pp, however, when I check expedia, travelocity or priceline, I can get a nonstop flight from philly, and a connecting return flight from phoenix, for $389.00 per person. Should we wait and see if the price drops with USAIR for depart/return nonstop flights, or would you buy the tickets using multiple airlines now??

I told my husband, if we book thru a third party like expedia or travelocity, we can pick multiple flight options. I have used both in the past without incident.

At first I thought if we buy now, we have better seat availability and better pickings too, but if we wait, we may save, but lessen our chances of picking good seats.

We are leaving the week of June 27, returning July 4th, which will be a busy time, I'm sure, which is causing our dilemma!

Thanks for your help!

2 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement