I am preparing for a 15 day trip to alpine countries in Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy). The problem is that I have never been on a trip of this length before and I'm not sure how/what to pack. I have a month to decide what to throw in the duffle bag. Surely, I don't need 15 different outfits, but how many pairs of pants and blouses should I take? How many dresses/skirts? I will be attending a concert in Vienna so I know I have to take at least one nice outfit.
I'm ashamed to ask these questions but I am not a seasoned traveler, and fear I will over stuff my bag. Any other advice on packing would be more than appreciated.
Thank you and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing light challenge
- 2 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 3 50th Birthday trip
- 4 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 5 Best fabric for sleeping in when packing light?
- 6 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 7 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 8 Utah's "Might 5" National Parks
- 9 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 10 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 11 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 12 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 13 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 14 What to pack for that trip
- 15 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 16 Trip with friend
- 17 September Whim
- 18 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 19 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 20 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 23 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 24 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 25 Globus...Yay or nay?
Advice on how/what to pack for 15 day trip to alpine countries