I am preparing for a 15 day trip to alpine countries in Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy). The problem is that I have never been on a trip of this length before and I'm not sure how/what to pack. I have a month to decide what to throw in the duffle bag. Surely, I don't need 15 different outfits, but how many pairs of pants and blouses should I take? How many dresses/skirts? I will be attending a concert in Vienna so I know I have to take at least one nice outfit.
I'm ashamed to ask these questions but I am not a seasoned traveler, and fear I will over stuff my bag. Any other advice on packing would be more than appreciated.
Thank you and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7-10 day trip ideas with kid/teen
- 2 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Early trip planning
- 5 Something different for family of 6
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 8 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 9 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 10 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 11 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 12 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 13 Late December, early January travel
- 14 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 15 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 16 Nice, France
- 17 Finding deals based on departure location
- 18 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 19 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 20 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 21 First time travel to Italy
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 24 THe case for linen
- 25 Wildlife photography courses
Advice on how/what to pack for 15 day trip to alpine countries