Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora?
- 2 New Traveller
- 3 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 4 Terrified traveller
- 5 Early trip planning
- 6 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 7 First time travelling outside the USA
- 8 First time traveler
- 9 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 10 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 13 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 14 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 15 SIXT car rental in US
- 16 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 17 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 18 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 19 Visit to usa
- 20 insect repellent bracelets
- 21 Top travel destinations 2017
- 22 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 23 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 24 Tour company or DIY?
- 25 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?