Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 UNITED : WINDSTREAM Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 mail b*g
- 2 super fun vacations...
- 3 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 4 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 5 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 6 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 7 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 8 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 10 garment travel organizer
- 11 Which type of car ?
- 12 travel partners
- 13 Best bag type for 3 months in Europe - duffel, rolling, or backpack?
- 14 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 15 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 16 Trip to Thailand vs Greece vs Peru?
- 17 to travel or settle down?
- 18 THe case for linen
- 19 CAPITAL ONE CARD: NOT FUNNY
- 20 San Diego to San Francisco in 6 days
- 21 Honeymoon info
- 22 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 23 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 24 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 25 Newbie Using Whats App