Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best Hostels
- 2 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 3 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 4 garment travel organizer
- 5 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 6 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 7 Road Trip For Two
- 8 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 9 Copper Canyon
- 10 Travel through Expedia
- 11 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Round the World
- 14 Misleading third party websites
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 17 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
- 18 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 19 vegas to slc loop
- 20 Driving with my 10 year old from jersey shore to Panama City
- 21 barbados or tulum
- 22 resort with wild life on ground
- 23 Want great trip ideas? Attend a travel show!
- 24 Oregon coast trip destination advise please
- 25 BIKING BRUGES TO AMSTERDAM