Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 2 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 3 Know any good Websites?
- 4 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 5 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 6 Trip with friend
- 7 What to pack for that trip
- 8 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 9 September Whim
- 10 Opinion of cruising vs. other types of travel?
- 11 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 12 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 13 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 14 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 17 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 18 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 19 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 20 40th birthday
- 21 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 22 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 23 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 24 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 25 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas