Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Amsterdam or Dublin?
- 2 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 3 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 4 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 5 First time traveler
- 6 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 7 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 8 Exploring a City
- 9 Dolomites for 2 days
- 10 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 11 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 12 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 13 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 14 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 17 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 18 Passport Help!!!
- 19 First time travelling outside the USA
- 20 Iceland-Landmannalaugar
- 21 hiking poles in carry on
- 22 Llego a Roma el 21 de febrero...
- 23 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 24 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 25 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver