Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
A creative way to get rid of organic waste
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?