Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 2 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 3 Travel Escort idea
- 4 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 5 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 6 New England Fall Foliage
- 7 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 8 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 9 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 10 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 11 A week to go somewhere
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Driving in Ireland
- 14 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 15 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 16 Carrying your passport
- 17 Road trip or Train
- 18 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 19 Ideal Trip!
- 20 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 21 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 24 Where to go for short visit?
- 25 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends