Here in Norway there is a lot of focus on recycling waste. At home I have one bin for organic waste, one for paper and one for the rest. I also hand in cans/bottles (as you can get money back for doing that) and plastic and glass/metal is also handed in.
But Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town in South Africa has found a new way to get rid of the organic waste. They use red wrigglers or tiger worms to process the leftovers and from this article it sounds like a very good idea: http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/31/southafrica.reut/index.html
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help planning long road trip.
- 2 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 3 using packing cubes, folders etc.
- 4 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 5 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 6 Getting my child from Stanford
- 7 Ideal Trip!
- 8 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 9 Pa to New England States
- 10 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 11 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 12 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 13 cape cod
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 16 Lipault luggage durability
- 17 Credit card protection
- 18 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 19 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali
- 21 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 22 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 23 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 24 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 25 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary