We are currently planning our wedding for fall of 2015. Unfortunately, I am a teacher and we will need to take our honeymoon June or July of the following year when I have the summer off.
Here is what we want for our honeymoon: a place full f culture but with lots of relaxation. I want villages and culture, he wants sun and sand or a trip that requires no work.
We did two weeks in Europe and been on several cruises.
Our first thoughts are:
5 days New Zealand, 5 days Tahiti (June will be its winter season so not sure it's worth it then)
winter school vacation: Alaska get a way spending the week relaxing by fires, snuggled in a wilderness resort, shopping and eating and drinking in quaint rustic towns.
Southern Europe tour again. (We did northern last time)
Visir south villages France, maybe do Spain and Portugal somewhere?
I can't sit on a beach for a week unlike he can. I need to be out exploring, outdoorsy activities, shopping, eating, drinking, etc.
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 2 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 3 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 4 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 5 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 6 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 7 quiet getaways for older women
- 8 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 9 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 10 Torn between Trips
- 11 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 12 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Groupon Getaways
- 15 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 16 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 17 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 18 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 21 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 22 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 23 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 24 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 25 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!