I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver
- 2 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 3 We are here! Moscow!
- 4 Babymoon destination. HELP!!
- 5 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora?
- 7 New Traveller
- 8 Terrified traveller
- 9 Early trip planning
- 10 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 11 First time travelling outside the USA
- 12 First time traveler
- 13 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 14 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 17 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 18 SIXT car rental in US
- 19 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 20 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 21 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 22 Visit to usa
- 23 insect repellent bracelets
- 24 Top travel destinations 2017
- 25 Your Favorite Rain coat?