I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
10 days UK in Sept?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 2 My Travel Channel - Click on the link check out my vids! see if it helps!!
- 3 Baggage
- 4 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 5 Torn between Trips
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 8 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 9 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 10 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 11 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 12 50th birthday in January destination
- 13 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 14 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 15 Discounted luggage websites
- 16 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 17 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 18 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 21 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 22 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 23 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 24 Groupon Getaways
- 25 Rain Boots