I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
10 days UK in Sept?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 4 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 5 Base city in England
- 6 Useful travel apps
- 7 Suggestions please
- 8 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 11 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 12 vow renewal
- 13 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 14 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 15 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 16 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 17 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 18 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 19 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 20 Traveling tips during fall
- 21 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 22 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 23 How much cash do you carry before a trip?
- 24 Home Exchanges
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips