I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Southeast romantic destinations
- 2 destination help
- 3 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 4 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 5 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 6 travelling with infant
- 7 What to do with mail when traveling
- 8 Prague & Croatia
- 9 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 10 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 11 Norway in November
- 12 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 13 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 14 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 15 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 16 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 17 Schengen visa
- 18 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 19 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 20 Daypack Recommendation
- 21 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 22 greece to germany. doable?
- 23 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 24 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 25 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX