I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
10 days UK in Sept?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 2 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 3 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 4 Delices & Gourmandises
- 5 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 6 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 7 Packing Help - What to take
- 8 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Places to travel in June or July
- 11 Visa expiration and re entry
- 12 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 13 Rovia booking engine
- 14 Jacket with pockets
- 15 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 16 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains