I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
10 days UK in Sept?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Honeymoon
- 2 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 3 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 4 Where to go over New Years?
- 5 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 6 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 7 my travel ignorance
- 8 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 13 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 14 Travel Insurance or not
- 15 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 16 Economy PLus on United to China
- 17 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 18 Light weight Luggage
- 19 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 20 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 21 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 24 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 25 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities