I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 2 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 3 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 4 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 5 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 6 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 7 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 8 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 9 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 10 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Daypack Recommendation
- 13 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 14 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 15 Where to go with an infant?
- 16 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 17 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 18 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 19 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 20 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 21 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 22 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?
- 23 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 24 Found Ring is 'lost' 3 days after it should have been mailed
- 25 August vacation for couple in 20's