I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go...April of 2018
- 2 California Zepher
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 5 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 6 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 7 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 8 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 9 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 10 Airport robbery
- 11 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 12 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 13 California Zepher (train)
- 14 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 15 Need Amalfi planning help
- 16 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 17 Travel towel?
- 18 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 19 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 20 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 21 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 22 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 23 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 24 Road trip stops
- 25 Need Suggestions!!!!!