I'm going to the UK for ten days starting Sept. 8. Arriving in London with no plans. I've already seen London so looking for something else to do. I've been to Sheffield, saw Chatsworth (sp?--the castle house of duke of ?), and the plague town up there. Also Little John's grave.
I'm looking for a relaxing ten days of touring the UK. I like beaches and good sunny weather. Is this possible or have I missed the boat here? Castles are also cool. I like countryside more than cities. I can rent a car or take the train/bus--it doesn't matter. My budget is fairly limited--can I get away with 50 pounds a night for B&B or decent hotel or is this unrealistic? If sun and beach are out I can go north to Scotland or N. Ireland.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard Cornwall is nice.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 2 Best Hostels
- 3 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 4 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 5 garment travel organizer
- 6 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 7 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 8 Road Trip For Two
- 9 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 10 Copper Canyon
- 11 Travel through Expedia
- 12 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 13 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 14 Round the World
- 15 Misleading third party websites
- 16 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 17 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 18 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
- 19 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 20 vegas to slc loop
- 21 Driving with my 10 year old from jersey shore to Panama City
- 22 barbados or tulum
- 23 resort with wild life on ground
- 24 Want great trip ideas? Attend a travel show!
- 25 Oregon coast trip destination advise please