Just a quick note. We are sitting on our patio looking at Huayna picchu drinking Pisco sours and thinking "life is good". Definitely, if it is in your budget, go for it. Skip the Hiram Bingham train, take the cheaper backpacker train and splurge on the hotel. The food is excellent (not the buffet the day tripper group travelers get) and you could not better service. I am typing by candlelight from the candle just delivered to our room to keep the mosquitoes away on our patio. I can just WOW.
Yes yes yes sanctuary lodge is worth it.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu