Just a quick note. We are sitting on our patio looking at Huayna picchu drinking Pisco sours and thinking "life is good". Definitely, if it is in your budget, go for it. Skip the Hiram Bingham train, take the cheaper backpacker train and splurge on the hotel. The food is excellent (not the buffet the day tripper group travelers get) and you could not better service. I am typing by candlelight from the candle just delivered to our room to keep the mosquitoes away on our patio. I can just WOW.
Yes yes yes sanctuary lodge is worth it.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 3 Trip Report - Very Long
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 6 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 7 Quito recommendations
- 8 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 9 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 10 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 11 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 14 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 15 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 16 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 17 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 18 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 19 Ecuador-tour guides
- 20 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 21 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 22 lima airport transport
- 23 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 24 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 25 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?