Just a quick note. We are sitting on our patio looking at Huayna picchu drinking Pisco sours and thinking "life is good". Definitely, if it is in your budget, go for it. Skip the Hiram Bingham train, take the cheaper backpacker train and splurge on the hotel. The food is excellent (not the buffet the day tripper group travelers get) and you could not better service. I am typing by candlelight from the candle just delivered to our room to keep the mosquitoes away on our patio. I can just WOW.
Yes yes yes sanctuary lodge is worth it.
View all South America activity »
- 1 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 2 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 3 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 4 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 5 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 6 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 9 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 10 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 11 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 12 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 13 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 16 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 17 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 18 Peru Hop?
- 19 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 20 Uruguay Re-Do
- 21 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 22 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 23 More suggested reading
- 24 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 25 Bariloche over XMas