Three of us are spending some weeks in and around Buenos Aires in later Feb/Mar and we're talking about a 2-3 day trip to Uruguay (Colonia, Montevideo, maybe Punta del Este). We've gotten some conflicting info whether one has to show proof of a yellow fever vaccine to gain entry to Uruguay using the BA-Colonia ferry. Anyone encounter this? Also, we might do a quick flight to Iguazu Falls. Do folks that travel there generally get a vaccine for yellow fever? My doctor talked me out of one as she felt the odds were quite slim. (But, then I read in a recent year there were 9 cases of yellow fever in South America caught by those of us from US/Europe; eight died.) Thanks in advance...
Yellow fever vaccines req'd in Uruguay
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 2 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 3 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 4 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 5 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 6 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 7 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 8 2 wks in Colombia
- 9 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 10 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 11 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 12 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 13 iguaza falls
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 16 Buenos Aries
- 17 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 18 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 19 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 20 cheap flights to paraguay
- 21 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 22 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 23 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 24 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 25 Obtaining a visa while abroad