Three of us are spending some weeks in and around Buenos Aires in later Feb/Mar and we're talking about a 2-3 day trip to Uruguay (Colonia, Montevideo, maybe Punta del Este). We've gotten some conflicting info whether one has to show proof of a yellow fever vaccine to gain entry to Uruguay using the BA-Colonia ferry. Anyone encounter this? Also, we might do a quick flight to Iguazu Falls. Do folks that travel there generally get a vaccine for yellow fever? My doctor talked me out of one as she felt the odds were quite slim. (But, then I read in a recent year there were 9 cases of yellow fever in South America caught by those of us from US/Europe; eight died.) Thanks in advance...
Yellow fever vaccines req'd in Uruguay
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 2 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 5 1st South American adventure
- 6 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 7 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 8 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 9 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 10 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 11 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 12 For Neoptropical Birders
- 13 Columbia Questions
- 14 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 15 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 16 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 17 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 18 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 19 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 20 flights and hotels
- 21 Driver, Mendoza
- 22 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 23 amazon jungle trips
- 24 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 25 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down