Three of us are spending some weeks in and around Buenos Aires in later Feb/Mar and we're talking about a 2-3 day trip to Uruguay (Colonia, Montevideo, maybe Punta del Este). We've gotten some conflicting info whether one has to show proof of a yellow fever vaccine to gain entry to Uruguay using the BA-Colonia ferry. Anyone encounter this? Also, we might do a quick flight to Iguazu Falls. Do folks that travel there generally get a vaccine for yellow fever? My doctor talked me out of one as she felt the odds were quite slim. (But, then I read in a recent year there were 9 cases of yellow fever in South America caught by those of us from US/Europe; eight died.) Thanks in advance...
Yellow fever vaccines req'd in Uruguay
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Birding in Mindo
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 2 weeks in Argentina
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!