Three of us are spending some weeks in and around Buenos Aires in later Feb/Mar and we're talking about a 2-3 day trip to Uruguay (Colonia, Montevideo, maybe Punta del Este). We've gotten some conflicting info whether one has to show proof of a yellow fever vaccine to gain entry to Uruguay using the BA-Colonia ferry. Anyone encounter this? Also, we might do a quick flight to Iguazu Falls. Do folks that travel there generally get a vaccine for yellow fever? My doctor talked me out of one as she felt the odds were quite slim. (But, then I read in a recent year there were 9 cases of yellow fever in South America caught by those of us from US/Europe; eight died.) Thanks in advance...
Yellow fever vaccines req'd in Uruguay
View all South America activity »
- 1 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 2 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 8 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 9 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 10 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 11 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 14 Peru Hop?
- 15 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 16 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 17 Uruguay Re-Do
- 18 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 19 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 22 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 23 Bariloche over XMas
- 24 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 25 Traveling with a Computer?