Three of us are spending some weeks in and around Buenos Aires in later Feb/Mar and we're talking about a 2-3 day trip to Uruguay (Colonia, Montevideo, maybe Punta del Este). We've gotten some conflicting info whether one has to show proof of a yellow fever vaccine to gain entry to Uruguay using the BA-Colonia ferry. Anyone encounter this? Also, we might do a quick flight to Iguazu Falls. Do folks that travel there generally get a vaccine for yellow fever? My doctor talked me out of one as she felt the odds were quite slim. (But, then I read in a recent year there were 9 cases of yellow fever in South America caught by those of us from US/Europe; eight died.) Thanks in advance...
Yellow fever vaccines req'd in Uruguay
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 2 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 3 Patagonia tour
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 Patagonia tour in April
- 6 Patagonia tour
- 7 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 8 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 9 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 10 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 11 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 12 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 13 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 14 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 15 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 16 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 17 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 18 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 19 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 20 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 21 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 22 Help with Patagonia planning
- 23 Peru ?: Machu Picchu & Titicaca
- 24 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 25 Medical Assistance in Brazil