I am planning to travel solo this xmas weekend to South America. I have booked a multi city ticket from the USA to Peru on December 24th, then from Lima to Rio de Janiero on December 29th and back to USA on January 1st. The following is a tentative itenarary I have in mind
December 24th night - Reach Lima
December 25th - Fly to Cusco and see Cusco
December 26th - Visit Machu Pichu
December 27th -
December 28th -
December 29th - Fly morning from Cusco back to Lima,see a bit of Lima, Fly night to Rio De Janiero
December 30th - Reach Rio in the morning see Rio
December 31st - See Rio, and new year celebrations
January 1st - Fly back to the USA.
Does this look like a feasible trip? I also have two buffer days on 27 and 28th, do you guys think it would be possible to do a quick trip to a neighbouring country?Maybe Chile?
Also I am not an American Citizen , So have to apply for Visa to these countries. Do you think it is advisable to apply for a visa through mail or better to go to the consulate in person? I am kinda worried about sending my passport through the mail.
Also if anyone else has plans of travelling on/around these days to south america, please let me know. We could team up if possible.
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry If I am asking questions that have been already asked. Please do direct me to the specific threads which answer them.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2 weeks trip
- 2 South adventure Peru tours
- 3 Bicycle Tour explore Islands of the Mekong River
- 4 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 5 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 6 WEBJET
- 7 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 8 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 9 Itineraries
- 10 Pantanal Lodges
- 11 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 12 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 13 3 weeks in South America
- 14 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 15 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 16 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 17 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 18 Chile wine tour
- 19 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 20 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 21 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 22 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 23 Ceviche in Peru or Ecuador?
- 24 Travel Buddies for the Salar de Uyuni in September 2017
- 25 Help planning trip to Chile (Patagonia and Lakes District) in late October