I am planning to travel solo this xmas weekend to South America. I have booked a multi city ticket from the USA to Peru on December 24th, then from Lima to Rio de Janiero on December 29th and back to USA on January 1st. The following is a tentative itenarary I have in mind
December 24th night - Reach Lima
December 25th - Fly to Cusco and see Cusco
December 26th - Visit Machu Pichu
December 27th -
December 28th -
December 29th - Fly morning from Cusco back to Lima,see a bit of Lima, Fly night to Rio De Janiero
December 30th - Reach Rio in the morning see Rio
December 31st - See Rio, and new year celebrations
January 1st - Fly back to the USA.
Does this look like a feasible trip? I also have two buffer days on 27 and 28th, do you guys think it would be possible to do a quick trip to a neighbouring country?Maybe Chile?
Also I am not an American Citizen , So have to apply for Visa to these countries. Do you think it is advisable to apply for a visa through mail or better to go to the consulate in person? I am kinda worried about sending my passport through the mail.
Also if anyone else has plans of travelling on/around these days to south america, please let me know. We could team up if possible.
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry If I am asking questions that have been already asked. Please do direct me to the specific threads which answer them.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 T@LL : Get the App CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT*CAre
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 4 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 7 Pantanal Lodges
- 8 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 9 Manaus
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 12 Avianca business class
- 13 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 14 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 15 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 16 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 17 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 18 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 19 How many days in Medellin area?
- 20 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 21 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 22 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 23 Peru Trip for the Family
- 24 Pisco sours
- 25 Huayhuash Trecking 8-16th of july