I am planning to travel solo this xmas weekend to South America. I have booked a multi city ticket from the USA to Peru on December 24th, then from Lima to Rio de Janiero on December 29th and back to USA on January 1st. The following is a tentative itenarary I have in mind
December 24th night - Reach Lima
December 25th - Fly to Cusco and see Cusco
December 26th - Visit Machu Pichu
December 27th -
December 28th -
December 29th - Fly morning from Cusco back to Lima,see a bit of Lima, Fly night to Rio De Janiero
December 30th - Reach Rio in the morning see Rio
December 31st - See Rio, and new year celebrations
January 1st - Fly back to the USA.
Does this look like a feasible trip? I also have two buffer days on 27 and 28th, do you guys think it would be possible to do a quick trip to a neighbouring country?Maybe Chile?
Also I am not an American Citizen , So have to apply for Visa to these countries. Do you think it is advisable to apply for a visa through mail or better to go to the consulate in person? I am kinda worried about sending my passport through the mail.
Also if anyone else has plans of travelling on/around these days to south america, please let me know. We could team up if possible.
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry If I am asking questions that have been already asked. Please do direct me to the specific threads which answer them.
xmas weekend trip
- 1 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 2 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 3 8 Days in Brazil
- 4 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 5 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 8 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 9 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 10 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 11 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 12 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 13 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 14 Peru Hop?
- 15 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 16 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 17 Uruguay Re-Do
- 18 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 19 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 20 More suggested reading
- 21 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 22 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 23 Bariloche over XMas
- 24 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 25 Traveling with a Computer?