I am planning to travel solo this xmas weekend to South America. I have booked a multi city ticket from the USA to Peru on December 24th, then from Lima to Rio de Janiero on December 29th and back to USA on January 1st. The following is a tentative itenarary I have in mind
December 24th night - Reach Lima
December 25th - Fly to Cusco and see Cusco
December 26th - Visit Machu Pichu
December 27th -
December 28th -
December 29th - Fly morning from Cusco back to Lima,see a bit of Lima, Fly night to Rio De Janiero
December 30th - Reach Rio in the morning see Rio
December 31st - See Rio, and new year celebrations
January 1st - Fly back to the USA.
Does this look like a feasible trip? I also have two buffer days on 27 and 28th, do you guys think it would be possible to do a quick trip to a neighbouring country?Maybe Chile?
Also I am not an American Citizen , So have to apply for Visa to these countries. Do you think it is advisable to apply for a visa through mail or better to go to the consulate in person? I am kinda worried about sending my passport through the mail.
Also if anyone else has plans of travelling on/around these days to south america, please let me know. We could team up if possible.
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry If I am asking questions that have been already asked. Please do direct me to the specific threads which answer them.
xmas weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 TDP in August
- 2 Peru in December
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 5 amazon jungle trips
- 6 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 7 Amazon Cruise
- 8 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 9 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 10 Brazil for Carnival
- 11 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 12 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 13 Last 2 weeks
- 14 10 nights in Argentina
- 15 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 16 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 17 Sobering Film
- 18 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 19 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 20 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 21 Machu Picchu First?
- 22 Rosh Hashanah
- 23 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 24 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 25 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days