We are traveling to Peru in a couple of weeks. We will be visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Im having a hard time knowing what to bring clothing wise. Obviously I'll need hiking clothes for machu picchu etc. (we are back packers and while we won't be backpacking on this trip we know what we need for day hikes etc.) We will be doing tours in Lima and Cusco as well. I have never been to South America and quite frankly, I don't know what to wear. Is it casual? should I bring at least one skirt for going out to dinner, etc.? Is Lima cosmopolitan or? What about going into churches? When I went to that vatican in Rome, I knew I needed to wear a skirt and have my shoulders covered, but I'm just not sure if its more casual in South America...any info you could provide would be appreciated.
What to bring
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 2 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 3 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 4 Speak to me of Peru
- 5 Back to South America
- 6 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 10 Fire in Valparaiso
- 11 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 12 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 13 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 16 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 17 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 18 Driving in Ecuador
- 19 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 20 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 21 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 22 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 23 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 24 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 25 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco