We are traveling to Peru in a couple of weeks. We will be visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Im having a hard time knowing what to bring clothing wise. Obviously I'll need hiking clothes for machu picchu etc. (we are back packers and while we won't be backpacking on this trip we know what we need for day hikes etc.) We will be doing tours in Lima and Cusco as well. I have never been to South America and quite frankly, I don't know what to wear. Is it casual? should I bring at least one skirt for going out to dinner, etc.? Is Lima cosmopolitan or? What about going into churches? When I went to that vatican in Rome, I knew I needed to wear a skirt and have my shoulders covered, but I'm just not sure if its more casual in South America...any info you could provide would be appreciated.
What to bring
View all South America activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary
- 2 Advice on what to see on side trip from Sao Paulo
- 3 Is 6 weeks enough to go from Lima, Peru to Buenos Aires?
- 4 Back to South America
- 5 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 6 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 7 Santiago on Christmas Day??
- 8 Crellston and Others
- 9 Peru Query Escaped Peru
- 10 fly fishing near Santiago
- 11 Private transfer from Santiago to Valparaiso
- 12 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 13 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 14 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 15 Blue rate
- 16 Trip report for Bariloche
- 17 Peru: Markawasi anyone?
- 18 How bad are the floods in Rio currently?
- 19 should we skip Bolivia in Febuary.
- 20 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 21 Reflections on our South America trip
- 22 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 23 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 24 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 25 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice