We are traveling to Peru in a couple of weeks. We will be visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Im having a hard time knowing what to bring clothing wise. Obviously I'll need hiking clothes for machu picchu etc. (we are back packers and while we won't be backpacking on this trip we know what we need for day hikes etc.) We will be doing tours in Lima and Cusco as well. I have never been to South America and quite frankly, I don't know what to wear. Is it casual? should I bring at least one skirt for going out to dinner, etc.? Is Lima cosmopolitan or? What about going into churches? When I went to that vatican in Rome, I knew I needed to wear a skirt and have my shoulders covered, but I'm just not sure if its more casual in South America...any info you could provide would be appreciated.
What to bring
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 Birding in Mindo
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 6 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 7 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 8 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 9 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 10 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 11 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 12 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 13 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 14 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 15 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina
- 17 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 18 Back to South America
- 19 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 20 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 21 JW Marriott Lima
- 22 Trip Report - Very Long
- 23 Quito recommendations
- 24 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 25 Which airline to fly to Cusco?