We are traveling to Peru in a couple of weeks. We will be visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Im having a hard time knowing what to bring clothing wise. Obviously I'll need hiking clothes for machu picchu etc. (we are back packers and while we won't be backpacking on this trip we know what we need for day hikes etc.) We will be doing tours in Lima and Cusco as well. I have never been to South America and quite frankly, I don't know what to wear. Is it casual? should I bring at least one skirt for going out to dinner, etc.? Is Lima cosmopolitan or? What about going into churches? When I went to that vatican in Rome, I knew I needed to wear a skirt and have my shoulders covered, but I'm just not sure if its more casual in South America...any info you could provide would be appreciated.
What to bring
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 3 2 wks in Colombia
- 4 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 7 iguaza falls
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Buenos Aries
- 11 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 12 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 13 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 14 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 15 cheap flights to paraguay
- 16 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 17 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 18 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 19 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 22 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 23 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 24 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?
- 25 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia