We are traveling to Peru in a couple of weeks. We will be visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. Im having a hard time knowing what to bring clothing wise. Obviously I'll need hiking clothes for machu picchu etc. (we are back packers and while we won't be backpacking on this trip we know what we need for day hikes etc.) We will be doing tours in Lima and Cusco as well. I have never been to South America and quite frankly, I don't know what to wear. Is it casual? should I bring at least one skirt for going out to dinner, etc.? Is Lima cosmopolitan or? What about going into churches? When I went to that vatican in Rome, I knew I needed to wear a skirt and have my shoulders covered, but I'm just not sure if its more casual in South America...any info you could provide would be appreciated.
What to bring
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 2 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 3 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 4 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 5 Pantanal on your own
- 6 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 11 Santiago 2 days
- 12 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 13 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 14 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 15 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 16 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 17 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 18 Lodge in Pantanal
- 19 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 20 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 21 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 22 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 23 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 24 Cell phone in Brazil
- 25 10 Full Days in Peru