I'll be touring the Galapagos Islands by boat. Do I need waterproof of any special footwear to disembark from the pongas to the Islands (I'll be visiting San Cristobal, Espanola and Santa Cruz)? Of, if we're landing in water, can I just remove my tennis sneaks. And once on the island, are tennis sneaks sufficient? Are the islands so rocky that a walking shoe or hiking boot is necessary (neither of which I presently own and I leave for the trip in two days). And what would you wear, shorts or long pants; and what about a shirt or jacket.?
What kind of footwear and clothes for a Galapagos cruise/visit?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 2 SA for the first time. solo,female
- 3 Lima to Foz
- 4 A few specific questions about activities in Argentina with kids
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 7 Car rental in Patagonia
- 8 Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Chile Private Tour
- 10 Language study in Brazil
- 11 Columbia Questions
- 12 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 13 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 14 Argentina Holiday Help
- 15 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 16 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 17 Chile - IVA Tax
- 18 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 19 Trip Report
- 20 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 21 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 22 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 23 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 24 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 25 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina