I'll be touring the Galapagos Islands by boat. Do I need waterproof of any special footwear to disembark from the pongas to the Islands (I'll be visiting San Cristobal, Espanola and Santa Cruz)? Of, if we're landing in water, can I just remove my tennis sneaks. And once on the island, are tennis sneaks sufficient? Are the islands so rocky that a walking shoe or hiking boot is necessary (neither of which I presently own and I leave for the trip in two days). And what would you wear, shorts or long pants; and what about a shirt or jacket.?
What kind of footwear and clothes for a Galapagos cruise/visit?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 2 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 7 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 8 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 9 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 10 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 11 Quito recommendations
- 12 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 13 Ecuador-tour guides
- 14 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 15 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 16 lima airport transport
- 17 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 18 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 19 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 20 Argentina currency
- 21 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!
- 22 End in sight for Chile reciprocity fee
- 23 Fishing near Iguazu Falls?
- 24 Seeking Tips for Upcoming Trip to Rio, Iguazu and Buenos Aires
- 25 Macchu Picchu - Going Solo?