I'll be touring the Galapagos Islands by boat. Do I need waterproof of any special footwear to disembark from the pongas to the Islands (I'll be visiting San Cristobal, Espanola and Santa Cruz)? Of, if we're landing in water, can I just remove my tennis sneaks. And once on the island, are tennis sneaks sufficient? Are the islands so rocky that a walking shoe or hiking boot is necessary (neither of which I presently own and I leave for the trip in two days). And what would you wear, shorts or long pants; and what about a shirt or jacket.?
What kind of footwear and clothes for a Galapagos cruise/visit?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help with Logistics for Machu Picchu, please?
- 2 Solo female travelling around South America
- 3 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 6 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 7 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 8 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 9 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 10 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 11 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 12 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 13 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 14 Quito: Old city or new?
- 15 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 16 Bogota
- 17 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 18 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 19 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 20 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 21 4 weeks in Chile
- 22 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 23 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 24 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 25 Para Ti, Brazil