My friend and i are considering a trip to Patgonia (a trip booked through www.away.com called "The Best of Patagonia.") What is the weather like in Patagonia mid to late January (farenheit please)? Is it going to be freezing? Although i know winter months in the USA are summer in Chile, I've heard that Jan in Patagonia is an entirely different beast. What should we expect for temps and weather conditions? Also, did any of you research any guided tours for the area or did you explore on your own? The guided tour cost is $2190-$3500 per person. Is this reasonable or does anyone know a good tour that hit the Patagonia Highlights and costs less? What should we expect to spend for 2 weeks, above and beyond tour price if we are not extravagant (just an estimate in US dollars)? Any info and advice is much appreciated
Weather in Patagonia in January? And, input on guided tours
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Amazon from the Andes?
- 5 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 6 Bogotá Restaurants
- 7 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 8 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 9 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 10 Salta vs. Santiago
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 14 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 15 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 16 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 17 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 18 Fire in Valparaiso
- 19 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 20 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 21 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 22 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 23 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 24 Driving in Ecuador
- 25 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador