My friend and i are considering a trip to Patgonia (a trip booked through www.away.com called "The Best of Patagonia.") What is the weather like in Patagonia mid to late January (farenheit please)? Is it going to be freezing? Although i know winter months in the USA are summer in Chile, I've heard that Jan in Patagonia is an entirely different beast. What should we expect for temps and weather conditions? Also, did any of you research any guided tours for the area or did you explore on your own? The guided tour cost is $2190-$3500 per person. Is this reasonable or does anyone know a good tour that hit the Patagonia Highlights and costs less? What should we expect to spend for 2 weeks, above and beyond tour price if we are not extravagant (just an estimate in US dollars)? Any info and advice is much appreciated
Weather in Patagonia in January? And, input on guided tours
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 3 Fire in Valparaiso
- 4 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 5 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 6 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 7 Ecuador - should we go?
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 12 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 13 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 14 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 15 Driving in Ecuador
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 18 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 19 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 22 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 23 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July