My friend and i are considering a trip to Patgonia (a trip booked through www.away.com called "The Best of Patagonia.") What is the weather like in Patagonia mid to late January (farenheit please)? Is it going to be freezing? Although i know winter months in the USA are summer in Chile, I've heard that Jan in Patagonia is an entirely different beast. What should we expect for temps and weather conditions? Also, did any of you research any guided tours for the area or did you explore on your own? The guided tour cost is $2190-$3500 per person. Is this reasonable or does anyone know a good tour that hit the Patagonia Highlights and costs less? What should we expect to spend for 2 weeks, above and beyond tour price if we are not extravagant (just an estimate in US dollars)? Any info and advice is much appreciated
Weather in Patagonia in January? And, input on guided tours
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 2 On the Road: A Snail Mail Diary (travel mail art project)
- 3 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 4 Patagonia: Northern Lake District or El Chalten?
- 5 1st Time Trip to Peru - Please Comment on Our Itenerary
- 6 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 7 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 8 aerolineas airlines impossible to work with
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 Surfing in Lima
- 11 Amaszonas is adding new Destinations
- 12 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 13 Argentina vs Chile
- 14 Peru- how much pre-reserving/pre-planning?
- 15 Travel agents/agency for South America travel
- 16 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 17 Machu pichu, anybody know where to find route
- 18 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 19 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 20 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 21 Christmas in Cusco
- 22 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 23 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 24 transportation in Brazil
- 25 Patagonia Chile