I committed a blunder by buying airline tickets for Brazil, but without realizing, as US Citizens, we need tourist visas for Brazil. Our flights leave in two days! I've been reading how difficult it is to get visas for Brazil. We live not too far from NYC, and would be willing to go to the Brazilian embassy there, if I was sure of getting a visa the same day, or even the next. Philadelphia is closer, but I don't think there's a B. embassy there. I understand that it takes weeks to get a visa by mail, or through a visa procurement service. It may be best for us to just cancel the trip, and take the hit from the airlines. I'd appreciate any frank advice. Thanks.
We need 2 visas for Brazil, fast
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu