I committed a blunder by buying airline tickets for Brazil, but without realizing, as US Citizens, we need tourist visas for Brazil. Our flights leave in two days! I've been reading how difficult it is to get visas for Brazil. We live not too far from NYC, and would be willing to go to the Brazilian embassy there, if I was sure of getting a visa the same day, or even the next. Philadelphia is closer, but I don't think there's a B. embassy there. I understand that it takes weeks to get a visa by mail, or through a visa procurement service. It may be best for us to just cancel the trip, and take the hit from the airlines. I'd appreciate any frank advice. Thanks.
We need 2 visas for Brazil, fast
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 2 driving to salvador
- 3 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 6 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 9 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 10 Quito trip
- 11 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 12 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 13 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 14 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 15 1 day in Rio
- 16 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 17 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 18 Solo female travelling around South America
- 19 Bariloche car rental
- 20 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 21 Galapagos Islands
- 22 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 23 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 24 Day trip to Paracas
- 25 Peru trip