I committed a blunder by buying airline tickets for Brazil, but without realizing, as US Citizens, we need tourist visas for Brazil. Our flights leave in two days! I've been reading how difficult it is to get visas for Brazil. We live not too far from NYC, and would be willing to go to the Brazilian embassy there, if I was sure of getting a visa the same day, or even the next. Philadelphia is closer, but I don't think there's a B. embassy there. I understand that it takes weeks to get a visa by mail, or through a visa procurement service. It may be best for us to just cancel the trip, and take the hit from the airlines. I'd appreciate any frank advice. Thanks.
We need 2 visas for Brazil, fast
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 2 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 3 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 4 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 5 Peru Escorted Travel
- 6 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 7 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 8 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 9 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 10 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 11 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 12 2 weeks in Argentina
- 13 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 14 Back to South America
- 15 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 16 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 17 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 18 JW Marriott Lima
- 19 Trip Report - Very Long
- 20 Quito recommendations
- 21 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 22 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 23 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 24 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 25 To Buenos Aires and beyond