Is the volcanic ash still (late August 2011) a problem for domestic flights in Argentina? I heard today from the estancia we will be visiting in mid-October recommending that I change my flight to avoid Trelew airport due to ash from the Chilean volcano. I couldn't find any references to the ash situations more recently than late July. Does anyone know the current situation? We have several domestic flights in Argentina booked in late September/early-mid October. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 2 driving to salvador
- 3 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 6 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 9 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 10 Just a week!
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Quito trip
- 17 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 18 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!