I plan to travel to Bogota on December 29th and it is really difficult to obtain information on some things I need. Could you assist?
1. What guidebook do you recommend for my sightseeing of all the beautiful colonial monuments in Bogota? Lonely Planet? Frommer’s? I have no idea.
2. How long are the durations from Bogota to Popayan and to Villa de Leva and are the buses frequent? Perhaps I should fly from Bogota to Popayan. If so, then approximately what does the flight cost round-trip?
3. Is it easy in Colombia to get a SIM card for my iPhone for international calls and wide-ranging Internet connection?
4. Can you recommend a clean, simple and affordable place to sleep in Bogota (I was thinking this: http://www.koziihostels.com/)?
5. What airlines do you recommend to get from Bogota to Sucre, Bolivia (perhaps with Aercon, Amazoa or Aerosur) or at least into Salta, Argentina?
Thank you for your help.
Various Questions: Transportation (Buses vs. Flights) & Bogota Guidebook
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Birding in Mindo
- 2 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 3 2 weeks in Argentina
- 4 Buying a SIM card in Chile for I phone 5
- 5 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 6 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 7 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 8 Rio Advice for 2 Young Women
- 9 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 10 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 11 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 12 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 13 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 14 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 15 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 16 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 17 Back to South America
- 18 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 19 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 20 JW Marriott Lima
- 21 Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Quito recommendations
- 23 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 24 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 25 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!