I plan to travel to Bogota on December 29th and it is really difficult to obtain information on some things I need. Could you assist?
1. What guidebook do you recommend for my sightseeing of all the beautiful colonial monuments in Bogota? Lonely Planet? Frommer’s? I have no idea.
2. How long are the durations from Bogota to Popayan and to Villa de Leva and are the buses frequent? Perhaps I should fly from Bogota to Popayan. If so, then approximately what does the flight cost round-trip?
3. Is it easy in Colombia to get a SIM card for my iPhone for international calls and wide-ranging Internet connection?
4. Can you recommend a clean, simple and affordable place to sleep in Bogota (I was thinking this: http://www.koziihostels.com/)?
5. What airlines do you recommend to get from Bogota to Sucre, Bolivia (perhaps with Aercon, Amazoa or Aerosur) or at least into Salta, Argentina?
Thank you for your help.
Various Questions: Transportation (Buses vs. Flights) & Bogota Guidebook
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 2 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 3 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 4 JW Marriott Lima
- 5 Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 7 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 8 Quito recommendations
- 9 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 10 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 11 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 12 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 13 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 14 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 15 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 18 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 19 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 20 Ecuador-tour guides
- 21 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 22 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 23 lima airport transport
- 24 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 25 Father Daughter Trip to Peru