I plan to travel to Bogota on December 29th and it is really difficult to obtain information on some things I need. Could you assist?
1. What guidebook do you recommend for my sightseeing of all the beautiful colonial monuments in Bogota? Lonely Planet? Frommer’s? I have no idea.
2. How long are the durations from Bogota to Popayan and to Villa de Leva and are the buses frequent? Perhaps I should fly from Bogota to Popayan. If so, then approximately what does the flight cost round-trip?
3. Is it easy in Colombia to get a SIM card for my iPhone for international calls and wide-ranging Internet connection?
4. Can you recommend a clean, simple and affordable place to sleep in Bogota (I was thinking this: http://www.koziihostels.com/)?
5. What airlines do you recommend to get from Bogota to Sucre, Bolivia (perhaps with Aercon, Amazoa or Aerosur) or at least into Salta, Argentina?
Thank you for your help.
Various Questions: Transportation (Buses vs. Flights) & Bogota Guidebook
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 2 Speak to me of Peru
- 3 Back to South America
- 4 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 5 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra