We have flights booked for a one-month trip to Brazil from in August (two adults, two kids ages 7 and 9) -- all part of a six-month adventure. We were a bit naive and didn't realize how expensive Brazil can be. We're planning on visiting Foz do Iguazu, Pantanal, Salvador, Morro de Sao Paolo and Rio. I've been surprised to discover that even a hostel in Salvador can be R$200 a night in August. Just curious what others' experiences have been in terms of typical daily expenses in Brazil in summer. Appreciate your insights and any budget tips you may have!
Typical daily travel costs in Brazil in August
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 2 Puno to Arequipa by bus
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Where to buy cowhide rug in Buenos Aires
- 5 Travel Agency: PeruTourism
- 6 3 Weeks Itinerary
- 7 Quito trip review with Gate 1 Travel
- 8 2 weeks in Argentina
- 9 Hugely flexible trip starting in Argentina, 5/5/2014.
- 10 Salta...Travel Brain Dead
- 11 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 12 Back to South America
- 13 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 14 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 15 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 16 JW Marriott Lima
- 17 Trip Report - Very Long
- 18 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 19 Quito recommendations
- 20 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 21 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 22 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 23 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 24 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 25 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service