We have flights booked for a one-month trip to Brazil from in August (two adults, two kids ages 7 and 9) -- all part of a six-month adventure. We were a bit naive and didn't realize how expensive Brazil can be. We're planning on visiting Foz do Iguazu, Pantanal, Salvador, Morro de Sao Paolo and Rio. I've been surprised to discover that even a hostel in Salvador can be R$200 a night in August. Just curious what others' experiences have been in terms of typical daily expenses in Brazil in summer. Appreciate your insights and any budget tips you may have!
Typical daily travel costs in Brazil in August
View all South America activity »
- 1 buy your fake/real passport,id cards,driver license and other documents
- 2 Carribean to Argentina or Uruguay
- 3 Making connecting flight in SCL after flying in internationally
- 4 Bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales - ticket advice
- 5 8 Days in Brazil
- 6 Brazil - Rio to Sao Paulo
- 7 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 8 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 9 Problems with emails USA-Brazil
- 10 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 11 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 12 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 13 Where to celebrate the New Year ?
- 14 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 15 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 16 Peru Hop?
- 17 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 18 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 19 Uruguay Re-Do
- 20 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 21 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 22 More suggested reading
- 23 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 24 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 25 Bariloche over XMas