We have flights booked for a one-month trip to Brazil from in August (two adults, two kids ages 7 and 9) -- all part of a six-month adventure. We were a bit naive and didn't realize how expensive Brazil can be. We're planning on visiting Foz do Iguazu, Pantanal, Salvador, Morro de Sao Paolo and Rio. I've been surprised to discover that even a hostel in Salvador can be R$200 a night in August. Just curious what others' experiences have been in terms of typical daily expenses in Brazil in summer. Appreciate your insights and any budget tips you may have!
Typical daily travel costs in Brazil in August
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 3 Fire in Valparaiso
- 4 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 5 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 6 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 7 Ecuador - should we go?
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 12 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 13 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 14 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 15 Driving in Ecuador
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 18 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 19 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 22 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 23 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July