My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter are planning a trip to Peru. We intend on going through Orient Express and the trip takes us to JW Mariott in Lima, Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Sacred Valley, then on to Machu Pichu at the Sanctuary Lodge. We are then scheduled to take a luxury cruise on the Amazon for 3 days with Aqua Expeditions. Does any one have any comments on this trip? It has come in a bit pricey so I was also wondering if there were places any one thinks we could pare down so the cost is not so high. Also any recommendations as to things we must see, restaurants, shopping or anything else to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Trip to Peru and the Amazon in January for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 4 WWYD-time in Lima
- 5 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 6 Argentina Holiday Help
- 7 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 8 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 9 argentina & brazil
- 10 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 13 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 14 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 15 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 16 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 17 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 18 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 2 wks in Colombia
- 21 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 22 iguaza falls
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Buenos Aries
- 25 Tour guide for Machu Picchu