My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter are planning a trip to Peru. We intend on going through Orient Express and the trip takes us to JW Mariott in Lima, Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Sacred Valley, then on to Machu Pichu at the Sanctuary Lodge. We are then scheduled to take a luxury cruise on the Amazon for 3 days with Aqua Expeditions. Does any one have any comments on this trip? It has come in a bit pricey so I was also wondering if there were places any one thinks we could pare down so the cost is not so high. Also any recommendations as to things we must see, restaurants, shopping or anything else to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Trip to Peru and the Amazon in January for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1 day in Rio
- 2 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 3 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 4 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 5 Solo female travelling around South America
- 6 Bariloche car rental
- 7 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 8 Galapagos Islands
- 9 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!
- 10 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 11 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 12 Day trip to Paracas
- 13 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 14 Peru trip
- 15 Amazon Manaus Tour Guides
- 16 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 17 Chile or Chile/Argentina - 3 Itinerary Ideas, Can't Decide!
- 18 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 19 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 Mendoza - Wine Lodges robberies
- 22 Logistics for visit to Lake Titicaca
- 23 Peru: Machu Picchu Cusco itinerary help
- 24 Need help with planning a six-week trip?
- 25 Mendoza to Bariloche