My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter are planning a trip to Peru. We intend on going through Orient Express and the trip takes us to JW Mariott in Lima, Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Sacred Valley, then on to Machu Pichu at the Sanctuary Lodge. We are then scheduled to take a luxury cruise on the Amazon for 3 days with Aqua Expeditions. Does any one have any comments on this trip? It has come in a bit pricey so I was also wondering if there were places any one thinks we could pare down so the cost is not so high. Also any recommendations as to things we must see, restaurants, shopping or anything else to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Trip to Peru and the Amazon in January for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 2 amazon jungle trips
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 TDP in August
- 5 Amazon Cruise
- 6 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 7 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 8 Brazil for Carnival
- 9 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 10 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 11 Last 2 weeks
- 12 10 nights in Argentina
- 13 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 14 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 15 Sobering Film
- 16 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 17 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 18 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 19 Machu Picchu First?
- 20 Rosh Hashanah
- 21 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 22 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 23 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 24 Patagonia trip decisions
- 25 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?