My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter are planning a trip to Peru. We intend on going through Orient Express and the trip takes us to JW Mariott in Lima, Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Sacred Valley, then on to Machu Pichu at the Sanctuary Lodge. We are then scheduled to take a luxury cruise on the Amazon for 3 days with Aqua Expeditions. Does any one have any comments on this trip? It has come in a bit pricey so I was also wondering if there were places any one thinks we could pare down so the cost is not so high. Also any recommendations as to things we must see, restaurants, shopping or anything else to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Trip to Peru and the Amazon in January for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 3 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 4 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 5 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 8 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 9 4 weeks in Chile
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 11 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Para Ti, Brazil
- 14 Advice needed for Colombia
- 15 Chile and Argentina
- 16 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 17 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 20 El valle de Elquí
- 21 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 22 Columbia Questions
- 23 Bogota
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?