My husband and I and our 21 year old daughter are planning a trip to Peru. We intend on going through Orient Express and the trip takes us to JW Mariott in Lima, Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Sacred Valley, then on to Machu Pichu at the Sanctuary Lodge. We are then scheduled to take a luxury cruise on the Amazon for 3 days with Aqua Expeditions. Does any one have any comments on this trip? It has come in a bit pricey so I was also wondering if there were places any one thinks we could pare down so the cost is not so high. Also any recommendations as to things we must see, restaurants, shopping or anything else to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Trip to Peru and the Amazon in January for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Speak to me of Peru
- 2 Back to South America
- 3 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 4 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 5 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 6 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 7 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 8 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 9 Fire in Valparaiso
- 10 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 11 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 12 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 13 Ecuador - should we go?
- 14 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 15 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 16 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 17 Driving in Ecuador
- 18 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 19 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 20 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 21 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 24 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 25 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra