A friend and I are planning a trip (first time) to Brazil (RIO) end of January 2012. We have been searching online and are talking to a travel agent as well, but I would like to see if anyone (veterans of brazil) have any tips or recommendations for us rookies. We are freshly 30 and want to experience the mecca known as Brazil before we become seriosuly involved with anyone. Obviously we are looking for the best beaches in Rio, along with culture and of course women. Any information would be helpful - especially tips on which hotels are good - obviously you cant really tell from what they put online, because they all say they are fantastic, when that is not the case. We will be there for 8 nights and would like to explore as much as possible, but not bankrupt ourselves. This has been a long time coming for myself and I.. WE want to make the best of it, but I have heard horror stories, as well as AMAZING stories... im trying to make this an amazing one.
Thanks in advance -
Trip to Brazil
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Bogota
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 8 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 10 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 11 4 weeks in Chile
- 12 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 13 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 14 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 15 Para Ti, Brazil
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 Chile and Argentina
- 18 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 19 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 22 El valle de Elquí
- 23 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 24 Columbia Questions
- 25 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia