A friend and I are planning a trip (first time) to Brazil (RIO) end of January 2012. We have been searching online and are talking to a travel agent as well, but I would like to see if anyone (veterans of brazil) have any tips or recommendations for us rookies. We are freshly 30 and want to experience the mecca known as Brazil before we become seriosuly involved with anyone. Obviously we are looking for the best beaches in Rio, along with culture and of course women. Any information would be helpful - especially tips on which hotels are good - obviously you cant really tell from what they put online, because they all say they are fantastic, when that is not the case. We will be there for 8 nights and would like to explore as much as possible, but not bankrupt ourselves. This has been a long time coming for myself and I.. WE want to make the best of it, but I have heard horror stories, as well as AMAZING stories... im trying to make this an amazing one.
Thanks in advance -
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, best adventures for birthday.
- 2 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 3 Route of the Seven Lakes drive
- 4 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 5 Safety warning?
- 6 Bariloche rafting trips
- 7 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 8 Mom wants to go to cusco/macchu picchu in 5 days - impossible?
- 9 Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes
- 10 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 11 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 12 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 15 Iguazu falls logistics
- 16 Packing for Chile in November
- 17 Lima stopover
- 18 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 19 Amazon side trip
- 20 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 21 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 22 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 23 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 24 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 25 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March