A friend and I are planning a trip (first time) to Brazil (RIO) end of January 2012. We have been searching online and are talking to a travel agent as well, but I would like to see if anyone (veterans of brazil) have any tips or recommendations for us rookies. We are freshly 30 and want to experience the mecca known as Brazil before we become seriosuly involved with anyone. Obviously we are looking for the best beaches in Rio, along with culture and of course women. Any information would be helpful - especially tips on which hotels are good - obviously you cant really tell from what they put online, because they all say they are fantastic, when that is not the case. We will be there for 8 nights and would like to explore as much as possible, but not bankrupt ourselves. This has been a long time coming for myself and I.. WE want to make the best of it, but I have heard horror stories, as well as AMAZING stories... im trying to make this an amazing one.
Thanks in advance -
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 2 South America this October
- 3 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 4 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 5 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Layover in Lima
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 San Salvador Layover
- 11 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 12 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 13 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 14 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 15 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 16 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 17 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 18 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 19 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 20 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 21 Santiago, Chile
- 22 limited time in Cusco
- 23 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco