So, hurricane irene screwed up our trip plans. We were supposed to have 2 full weeks in brazil, but due to the hurricane our flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't rebook us for another 5 days! Our original plan was as follows:
arrive in rio and stay for 2 nights
2 nights in ilha grande
2 nights in paraty
return to rio and fly to salvador
about 1 week in salvador area wtth possible trips to morro de sao paulo, itacare etc
Now, we have about 8 nights total to our trip and are trying to figure out what to do with our time...we will still spend the first 2 nights in rio, but are unclear what to do from there...woudl it make more sense to stay in rio state rather than fly to bahia? or should we skip ilha grande and paraty and go straight to bahia? Also, someone recommended flying to porto seguro instead of salvador....
Really appreciate any suggestions for ways to make the most of what we will have left in brazil as we are VERY bummed about missing part of the trip!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 2 Packing for Chile in November
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Iguazu falls logistics
- 5 Lima stopover
- 6 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 7 Amazon side trip
- 8 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 9 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 10 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 11 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 12 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 13 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 14 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 15 Santiago - where to stay?
- 16 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 17 Tour guide/ agency
- 18 Patagonia Planning
- 19 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 20 March trip to Brazil
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 22 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 23 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 24 Iguacu Falls Itinerary and Photography Question
- 25 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST