So, hurricane irene screwed up our trip plans. We were supposed to have 2 full weeks in brazil, but due to the hurricane our flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't rebook us for another 5 days! Our original plan was as follows:
arrive in rio and stay for 2 nights
2 nights in ilha grande
2 nights in paraty
return to rio and fly to salvador
about 1 week in salvador area wtth possible trips to morro de sao paulo, itacare etc
Now, we have about 8 nights total to our trip and are trying to figure out what to do with our time...we will still spend the first 2 nights in rio, but are unclear what to do from there...woudl it make more sense to stay in rio state rather than fly to bahia? or should we skip ilha grande and paraty and go straight to bahia? Also, someone recommended flying to porto seguro instead of salvador....
Really appreciate any suggestions for ways to make the most of what we will have left in brazil as we are VERY bummed about missing part of the trip!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Rio
- 2 Peru Trip for the Family
- 3 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 4 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 5 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 6 2 weeks trip
- 7 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 8 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 9 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 10 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 11 WEBJET
- 12 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 13 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
- 14 Itineraries
- 15 Pantanal Lodges
- 16 Torres Del Paine Hiking - No Refugios
- 17 3 weeks in South America
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 20 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 21 Chile wine tour
- 22 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 23 Aerolineas "Visit Argentina" discounted airline pass
- 24 Iquitos or Puerto Maldonado?
- 25 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?