So, hurricane irene screwed up our trip plans. We were supposed to have 2 full weeks in brazil, but due to the hurricane our flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't rebook us for another 5 days! Our original plan was as follows:
arrive in rio and stay for 2 nights
2 nights in ilha grande
2 nights in paraty
return to rio and fly to salvador
about 1 week in salvador area wtth possible trips to morro de sao paulo, itacare etc
Now, we have about 8 nights total to our trip and are trying to figure out what to do with our time...we will still spend the first 2 nights in rio, but are unclear what to do from there...woudl it make more sense to stay in rio state rather than fly to bahia? or should we skip ilha grande and paraty and go straight to bahia? Also, someone recommended flying to porto seguro instead of salvador....
Really appreciate any suggestions for ways to make the most of what we will have left in brazil as we are VERY bummed about missing part of the trip!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 4 Choquequirao Questions
- 5 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 6 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 7 MARCHU PICCHU
- 8 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 9 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 10 One week in Cartagena?
- 11 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 12 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 13 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 14 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 15 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 16 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 17 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 18 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 21 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 22 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 23 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 24 Rainbow mountain trek
- 25 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year