So, hurricane irene screwed up our trip plans. We were supposed to have 2 full weeks in brazil, but due to the hurricane our flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't rebook us for another 5 days! Our original plan was as follows:
arrive in rio and stay for 2 nights
2 nights in ilha grande
2 nights in paraty
return to rio and fly to salvador
about 1 week in salvador area wtth possible trips to morro de sao paulo, itacare etc
Now, we have about 8 nights total to our trip and are trying to figure out what to do with our time...we will still spend the first 2 nights in rio, but are unclear what to do from there...woudl it make more sense to stay in rio state rather than fly to bahia? or should we skip ilha grande and paraty and go straight to bahia? Also, someone recommended flying to porto seguro instead of salvador....
Really appreciate any suggestions for ways to make the most of what we will have left in brazil as we are VERY bummed about missing part of the trip!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Northeast Brazil
- 2 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 3 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 4 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 5 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 6 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 7 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 8 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 9 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 10 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 11 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 12 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 13 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 14 Lima - driver for hire
- 15 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 16 OK one final question - concerns AEP!
- 17 Iguazu Falls Couple Last Minute Questions!
- 18 First trip to Argentina - should we just stay in Buenos Aires?
- 19 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 20 Booking Treks in Cusco?
- 21 Best Hostels Cusco?
- 22 ONE WEEK IN COLOMBIA
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tourist travel with a Business Visa?