So, hurricane irene screwed up our trip plans. We were supposed to have 2 full weeks in brazil, but due to the hurricane our flight was canceled and the airline wouldn't rebook us for another 5 days! Our original plan was as follows:
arrive in rio and stay for 2 nights
2 nights in ilha grande
2 nights in paraty
return to rio and fly to salvador
about 1 week in salvador area wtth possible trips to morro de sao paulo, itacare etc
Now, we have about 8 nights total to our trip and are trying to figure out what to do with our time...we will still spend the first 2 nights in rio, but are unclear what to do from there...woudl it make more sense to stay in rio state rather than fly to bahia? or should we skip ilha grande and paraty and go straight to bahia? Also, someone recommended flying to porto seguro instead of salvador....
Really appreciate any suggestions for ways to make the most of what we will have left in brazil as we are VERY bummed about missing part of the trip!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 2 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 3 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 4 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 5 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 6 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 7 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 8 Santiago, Chile
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 limited time in Cusco
- 11 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 12 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 13 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 14 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco
- 15 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 16 Back "home" in Barranco
- 17 Day trips from Montevideo
- 18 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 19 2 weeks in Colombia
- 20 Home exchange to Brazil: cultural differences.
- 21 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 22 Peru in 9 days - Safety Concerns and itinerary review
- 23 Layover in Lima
- 24 Gym recommendations for Quito Centro Historico
- 25 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia